Notifications
Clear all

What Makeup Works With Retinoid Use?

MemberMember
(@prettyinside)

Posted : 09/06/2013 10:29 am

My question is for those of you who're pairing--or have paired--a retinoid with makeup for some coverage of your acne, hyperpigmentation and scarring (indentations). That is, what makeup brand(s) worked well for you--i.e., didn't cause additional breakouts, didn't irritate your skin more in general, didn't highlight your flaky skin (from the retinoid) more than need be, etc.?

Thank you,

PI

MemberMember
(@danim)

Posted : 11/07/2013 6:24 pm

I've been using Bobbi Brown concealer stick- just applying it on the scars with a brush, then Clinique moisture surge cc cream- dabbing it on and blending with a sponge to avoid touching my face with my fingers. Hope this helps.

MemberMember
(@prettyinside)

Posted : 11/08/2013 4:28 pm

I've been using Bobbi Brown concealer stick- just applying it on the scars with a brush, then Clinique moisture surge cc cream- dabbing it on and blending with a sponge to avoid touching my face with my fingers. Hope this helps.

My fear is that CC cream would prove too oily--i.e., pore-clogging--for my skin. I break out from just about everything. Sad, but true. But I do thank you for the information.

Personally, I'd like to find some form of foundation that I could apply to the entirety of my face, but I hate the feel of liquid foundation. One of these days I'll find something to help even out the appearance of my skin--hyperpigmentation, enlarged pores and, of course, actual scars. *sigh*

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 11/08/2013 10:12 pm

Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme