Notifications
Clear all

Review Bb Creams!

MemberMember
(@vanbelle)

Posted : 06/10/2013 3:08 pm

I wanted to start a thread listing the BB creams you tried and how you found them. Can others chime in? How much coverage, spread, finish (mattte/shiny), and what skin tone it suits. AND---do you think it's lead to any breakouts!

BRTC Jasmine Water BB Cream

Works for very pale skin with pink undertones, full coverage and spreads nicely. Slightly shiny finish.

BRTC Perfect Recover Balm

Still works for very pale skin, slightly darker than Jasmine water. Spreads nicely, still good coverage. Somewhat matte finish. Smells like tee trea oil.

Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream

Worst one so far. Spreads thin, too dark for paler skin with yellow undertones. Have to mess with it to get an even tone. Matte Finish. Medium coverage. Others have said it can make your skin look flaky!

Dr. Jart+ Renewalist BB Beauty Balm

Works for pale skin, has neutral undertones (not too pink or too yellow). Spreads okay, thinner than BRTC. Better coverage than Smashbox. Somewhat matte finish.

I just ordered BRTC's Whitening BB Cream. It's supposed to be the palest of the BB cream's BRTC has to offer, so I'm excited. I wanted to try their Gold Caviar but it seems too dark for me.

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 06/11/2013 8:19 pm

My Dr.Jart+Water fuse Beauty Balm or whatever its called (blue bottle) is coming in the mail tomorrow and im so excited! I will post back if you want for a review also.

MemberMember
(@vanbelle)

Posted : 06/12/2013 8:07 pm

My Dr.Jart+Water fuse Beauty Balm or whatever its called (blue bottle) is coming in the mail tomorrow and im so excited! I will post back if you want for a review also.

Please do!

MemberMember
(@tiara85)

Posted : 06/13/2013 8:58 am

I would recommend Clinique's BB and CC creams!

I prefer the CC as it gives a dewy, healthy and moderate coverage. Whereas the BB is matte and can be built up to full coverage.

What's important is they are both oil free, allergy tested and 100% fragrance free. Fragrance is the number one cause of irritation and Clinique are 100%, and because the have the highest quality of ingredients their products do not smell and have to be covered up like others.

I also like Dior BB but in the interests of skin, I'd stick with Clinique!

MemberMember
(@vanbelle)

Posted : 06/16/2013 5:34 pm

My latest BB cream came in! It's been a couple days with it. Here's my review...

BRTC Whitening & Repairing BB Cream

Doesn't spread as easily as other BRTC BB cream's. Meant for very light skin, pinkish tone. I have to finish with a slightly darker powder to add color to the right spots (as if "bronzing"), but it is a great color match if you have pale skin and suffer from orange neck with other foundations.

I have pink undertones so for me, this is the best color match yet. I have no orange neck or jawline demarcation. Good coverage as well. Success!

MemberMember
(@jamris12)

Posted : 06/22/2013 1:00 am

i'm using and reviewing the physician's formula bb cream.

i found this from makeupalley..it had pretty good reviews, and i love the amt of spf it has in it.

coverage?

it's great. people on makeup alley have said you can achieve full coverage with this, but i would say it's medium. compared to other bb creams i've tried, the coverage on this kicks everyone's ass. i apply it with a brush, and have had no problems with blending.

finish?

the finish is not matte neither is it shiny. kind of in between. once you set it with powder, you will stay matte for a few hours. touch ups r def a must, though, if you have oily skin like me.

skin tone?

i don't like the shades that are available. it's very limited, and the light/medium will be too dark for someone who is an NC25 in mac just like me. i mix the bb cream with a small amt of a lighter foundation.

last but not least, this has not broken me out. if someone is interested in buying this, make sure to shake it well before application.

MemberMember
(@darkheart)

Posted : 06/22/2013 3:02 am

I prefer the CC as it gives a dewy, healthy and moderate coverage. Whereas the BB is matte and can be built up to full coverage.

What's important is they are both oil free, allergy tested and 100% fragrance free. Fragrance is the number one cause of irritation and Clinique are 100%, and because the have the highest quality of ingredients their products do not smell and have to be covered up like others.

Clinique products actually have horrible ingredients, far from high quality and are esentially junk. Also their BB and CC creams aren't even the real thing! they're just another western knock off of the Asian BB creams (which are entirely different in formula)

The best (real) BB creams:

31GBs-jQ31L.jpg

clarins_bb_skin_perfecting_cream.jpg

skin79-super-plus-bb-cream-triple-functi

MemberMember
(@tiara85)

Posted : 06/22/2013 1:24 pm

Clinique products actually have horrible ingredients, far from high quality and are esentially junk. Also their BB and CC creams aren't even the real thing! they're just another western knock off of the Asian BB creams (which are entirely different in formula)

31GBs-jQ31L.jpg

ACTUALLY! Clinique products are not full of horrible ingredients. Since you can't even spell essentially or use proper grammar I won't get into you saying it's junk because you're clearly a moron.

I'm a Clinique consultant and all our products have ingredients that are good for the skin, even our make up. We are no.1 for skincare and makeup, because we sell so much so often globally. We are a dermatologist developed brand and give the best consultations outside a derms office.- and doctors themselves very often forward us clients.

Our BB and CC creams are 'real' as you claimed they aren't... what you mean by real I have no idea. CC creams come from Korea and we are the first prestige (no less) brand to launch it. How you can recommend other brands and claim they're 'real' furthermore proves you're a moron.

We have broad spectrum SPF which is higher at 30, no fragrance, the most thorough allergy testing in the industry, both are amazing formulas but both very different so make sure you try or have a consultation. And we have a vast array of shades.

Just because you don't like a brand doesn't mean you should slag them off and try to put others off - nor does it make you with you pathetic opinions the authority on BB creams.

Don't reply to this darkheart, I won't read it. You bore me to tears.

MemberMember
(@darkheart)

Posted : 06/22/2013 6:36 pm

31GBs-jQ31L.jpg

ACTUALLY! Clinique products are not full of horrible ingredients. Since you can't even spell essentially or use proper grammar I won't get into you saying it's junk because you're clearly a moron.

I'm a Clinique consultant and all our products have ingredients that are good for the skin, even our make up. We are no.1 for skincare and makeup, because we sell so much so often globally. We are a dermatologist developed brand and give the best consultations outside a derms office.- and doctors themselves very often forward us clients.

Our BB and CC creams are 'real' as you claimed they aren't... what you mean by real I have no idea. CC creams come from Korea and we are the first prestige (no less) brand to launch it. How you can recommend other brands and claim they're 'real' furthermore proves you're a moron.

We have broad spectrum SPF which is higher at 30, no fragrance, the most thorough allergy testing in the industry, both are amazing formulas but both very different so make sure you try or have a consultation. And we have a vast array of shades.

Just because you don't like a brand doesn't mean you should slag them off and try to put others off - nor does it make you with you pathetic opinions the authority on BB creams.

That was unnecessary. It's rather immature to get so worked up just because someone disagrees with the quality of the products of the company you represent.

I personally do not like Clinique, and I have heard from a few very reputable sources that the ingredients are not exactly stellar as the brand uses mineral oil and other harmful chemicals which are bad for the skin. I very much perfer Shiseido and Clarins for my skin care and makeup.

MemberMember
(@tiara85)

Posted : 06/23/2013 1:45 am

31GBs-jQ31L.jpg

That was unnecessary. It's rather immature to get so worked up just because someone disagrees with the quality of the products of the company you represent.

I personally do not like Clinique, and I have heard from a few very reputable sources that the ingredients are not exactly stellar as the brand uses mineral oil and other harmful chemicals which are bad for the skin. I very much perfer Shiseido and Clarins for my skin care and makeup.

Manalive, can't believe I'm replying... but Clinique does NOT use mineral oil in any products. There seems to be a lot of guesswork coming from you. I find it unnecessary and immature that you slag off my company with absolutely no facts. I am not 'worked up', I was disgusted at your review. I use a lot of amazing brands since I'm a MUA and would not stand for any of them being incorrectly put down like you tried to do.

For the record, mineral oil is not a 'horrible' ingredient as you stated. It isn't absorbed by the skin is all, so can be like a barrier. I personally wouldn't use any product with it in because I'm blemish prone. We're all about the absorbing of all our products which is what dramatically different moisturizing lotion/gel does, They act like a sponge to allow our clinically proven serums and treatment moisturizers to penetrate deeper into the skin. One is sold every 3.5 seconds, so we must be doing something right.

MemberMember
(@darkheart)

Posted : 06/23/2013 4:44 am

31GBs-jQ31L.jpg

Manalive, can't believe I'm replying... but Clinique does NOT use mineral oil in any products. There seems to be a lot of guesswork coming from you. I find it unnecessary and immature that you slag off my company with absolutely no facts. I am not 'worked up', I was disgusted at your review. I use a lot of amazing brands since I'm a MUA and would not stand for any of them being incorrectly put down like you tried to do.

For the record, mineral oil is not a 'horrible' ingredient as you stated. It isn't absorbed by the skin is all, so can be like a barrier. I personally wouldn't use any product with it in because I'm blemish prone. We're all about the absorbing of all our products which is what dramatically different moisturizing lotion/gel does, They act like a sponge to allow our clinically proven serums and treatment moisturizers to penetrate deeper into the skin. One is sold every 3.5 seconds, so we must be doing something right.

I beg to differ

http://brighthappykeen.wordpress.com/2012/02/23/lead-and-toxins-found-in-cosmetics-clinique-estee-lauder-more/

MemberMember
(@vanbelle)

Posted : 06/23/2013 10:20 am

I started this thread, so let me say, ah! Let's not devolve this thread please! Review your products but no fighting!

Just want to rest this a bit. Darkheart, the link you provided is a blog post linking to a magazine article with an FDA reference on the bottom of the page. I never read blog posts unless I know the author and trust that author's analysis. Don't trust magazine articles, they are meant to scare you. Their job is to give you a grabbing headline. Now, the actual FDA page listed tons of lipsticks that contain lead, on a scale of parts per million. The initial analysis revealed fractional parts per million, and an expanded analysis showed ppm was double to 7 times the initial analysis, still, from 0.55 ppm to 7 ppm at best, all which the FDA has considered harmless in the way lipstick is used. Even at that, Clinique was tested on the lower end in the extended analysis, containing average 1 ppm to 0.5 ppm depending on the product. If you want to attack a cosmetic company, that would be Maybelline and L'Oreal, measuring 7 ppm, in one product produced by each company.

This is just a thread about the BB cream's we're using and if we like them.

MemberMember
(@belladeari)

Posted : 06/15/2014 6:23 pm

I have to say: I used clinique for 3 years and I don't think it helped my skin. It just kept acne at bay. I still like the cleansing foam and the chubby sticks are ok. Disliked the bb and cc cream. Cysts galore, and my dermatologist told me to stay away from that stuff. Gotta say that I am allergic to some clinique stuff. But its nobodies fault bc I have a lot of contact allergies, even to organic stuff like coconut oil. My dermatologist recommended Skin79 bb cream. I tried Hot Pink first. Noticed a good difference right away, but made me look too tan at first. Used it everyday for a week, and after 3 days it matched me perfectly, 7 days- my skin was completely changed. Scars vanished, acne was nonexistent, no dry patches, no eczema. I've tried other skin79 bb creams. the Hot Pink, VIP Gold, and the Green. The Green is my favorite so far, bc I have incredibly light, alabaster skin. It covers well, does everything it promises, and has even better oil-control than the hot pink. Basically, its so inexpensive and after only 2 weeks of use, I no longer had any reason to buy foundation, moisturizer, concealer, toner, acne regimen, etc. It's been 6 months since then and I'm so glad I don't rely on that stuff anymore.

My daily routine: Hot, steamy washcloth and tea tree oil. (I use the Clinique cleanser every other day or every two days, bc it dries out my skin.) Skin79 Green BB Cream (I apply using a clean slanted stipple brush, and small concealer brush for under eye circles). Loose translucent powder (MAC Prep+Prime). Eye makeup optional. Lip Balm (I like Lucas' Papaw Ointment).

Like I said, I like clinique, but even my dermatologist admitted some of the ingredients aren't for everyone. More than once, I have taken something back for a refund bc I wound up with blisters or cysts bc of a contact allergy or it claimed to benefit acne-prone skin but instead caused a breakout. I'm don't think I'm biased, but I am cautious, and do a lot of research before I try anything.

If you don't think there's a difference between Western, Asian, or German BB Creams, I suggest you compare first-hand. There's difference in ingredients, consistency, results, and price.

MemberMember
(@anotherstar)

Posted : 07/07/2014 7:47 pm

Any other BB creams from drugstores? I'm interested in trying the physicians formula one mentioned...

MemberMember
(@sky13)

Posted : 07/10/2014 7:26 am

Has anyone tried the garnier bb for oily/combo skin. Ive heard its good for oily skin but not sure what effect it has on acne-prone skin. Let me know! :)

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 07/10/2014 11:10 am

misshan bb cream is pretty nice

MemberMember
(@jenjen182)

Posted : 07/12/2014 11:01 am

Has anyone tried the garnier bb for oily/combo skin. Ive heard its good for oily skin but not sure what effect it has on acne-prone skin. Let me know! 🙂

I've never tried it but I've heard that it's NOT good for oily skin, but better for dry skin because it is thick and more moisturizing. My skin used to be oily, but ever since I started on the Regimen, it's turned dry, so I think I will give it a shot. I just can't afford some of these expensive bb creams.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 07/12/2014 11:02 am

do CC creams count? I personally haven't tried many BB creams, but I like lumene's CC cream....light, easy to apply, SPF, relatively cheap, and decent ingredients.

MemberMember
(@vanbelle)

Posted : 07/12/2014 8:57 pm

do CC creams count? I personally haven't tried many BB creams, but I like lumene's CC cream....light, easy to apply, SPF, relatively cheap, and decent ingredients.

Yes, CC creams do count. 🙂 What have you used?

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 07/13/2014 2:45 pm

Yes, CC creams do count. What have you used?

I only used Lumene so far and I'm happy with it. The color is a little off for me, but I usually put some blush and it looks alright. It doesn't cause breakouts and lasts for many hours. 🙂

I was curious about the new Ponds CC cream...anyone tried it?

MemberMember
(@jenjen182)

Posted : 07/16/2014 5:54 pm

Yes, CC creams do count. smile.png What have you used?

I only used Lumene so far and I'm happy with it. The color is a little off for me, but I usually put some blush and it looks alright. It doesn't cause breakouts and lasts for many hours.

I have tried the Ponds CC cream, and it wasn't my favorite. Disturbed my dry patches and made my skin very oily, which is not good for acne prone skin. What I swear by is the Garnier BB cream for oily/combination skin. I apply this with my expert studio beauty blender and it doesn't disturb dryness, doesn't cause peeling, hydrates the skin, etc. There are so many things I love about this product! The coverage is very nice, like medium-buildable. I can just skip the concealer. But best of all, it is non-comedogenic, oil free, non-acnegenic (meaning it causes no acne), and has an SPF of 20 (no white cast). The only draw back is the shades- it only comes in 3 shades (deep, medium/deep, and light/medium). Definitely give it a shot!

There are two versions of the Garnier BB Cream and the best is by far the oily/combination skin. It has a much better formula.

WishClean liked
MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 07/16/2014 9:45 pm

Yes, CC creams do count. smile.png What have you used?

I only used Lumene so far and I'm happy with it. The color is a little off for me, but I usually put some blush and it looks alright. It doesn't cause breakouts and lasts for many hours.

I have tried the Ponds CC cream, and it wasn't my favorite. Disturbed my dry patches and made my skin very oily, which is not good for acne prone skin. What I swear by is the Garnier BB cream for oily/combination skin. I apply this with my expert studio beauty blender and it doesn't disturb dryness, doesn't cause peeling, hydrates the skin, etc. There are so many things I love about this product! The coverage is very nice, like medium-buildable. I can just skip the concealer. But best of all, it is non-comedogenic, oil free, non-acnegenic (meaning it causes no acne), and has an SPF of 20 (no white cast). The only draw back is the shades- it only comes in 3 shades (deep, medium/deep, and light/medium). Definitely give it a shot!

There are two versions of the Garnier BB Cream and the best is by far the oily/combination skin. It has a much better formula.

I heard good things about garnier's BB cream...might have to try it soon!

MemberMember
(@vanbelle)

Posted : 07/17/2014 11:57 am

I really still have to put my vote for any Korean-brand BB creams. Koreans know their stuff. Trust!

MemberMember
(@jenjen182)

Posted : 07/22/2014 12:35 am

I have tried Korean BB creams, and even though I have pale skin, I find that they do not match me in any way. They look gray and toneless on me, and have given me horrible breakouts. I just feel like my skin is more used to the American ones :)

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 07/23/2014 10:32 pm

do you order korean bb creams online, or do some stores sell them?