Notifications
Clear all

What Shade Color Am I Guys?

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 04/30/2013 5:42 pm

i want to get a max studio fix powder plus foundation, but they are so many colors i have no idea what shade i'd be. can you guys please? here's the link to three face pics of me any recommendations are highly appreciated!

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 04/30/2013 7:51 pm

i want to get a max studio fix powder plus foundation, but they are so many colors i have no idea what shade i'd be. can you guys please? http://www.acne.org/messageboard/gallery/album/12727-hey-hey-hey-its/ here's the link to three face pics of me any recommendations are highly appreciated!

Try going to the MAC counters if you have any at your area. The guys there really will help you out and they will test out a few shades on you to know which one matches perfectly to your skin tone.It is hard to tell by pictures, plus makeup changes color sometimes depending on your skin so its best to go to them.

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 05/03/2013 11:10 am

i want to get a max studio fix powder plus foundation, but they are so many colors i have no idea what shade i'd be. can you guys please? http://www.acne.org/messageboard/gallery/album/12727-hey-hey-hey-its/ here's the link to three face pics of me any recommendations are highly appreciated!

Try going to the MAC counters if you have any at your area. The guys there really will help you out and they will test out a few shades on you to know which one matches perfectly to your skin tone.It is hard to tell by pictures, plus makeup changes color sometimes depending on your skin so its best to go to them.

well there is a place i found where i could drive, but idk people will think im gay or something lol. i wish there was a more discreet way

MemberMember
(@olly-c)

Posted : 05/03/2013 2:49 pm

I'd say around NC40 but you really don't want to risk having a shade which doesn't match if you don't want it to look obvious. I would go to a department store or a mac store and get them to match your colour, even though it's not so obvious with a powder.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 05/03/2013 9:24 pm

well there is a place i found where i could drive, but idk people will think im gay or something lol. i wish there was a more discreet way

You should try not to worry about that. I mean, I know it might be a bit harder for guys, but in the end you just want the acne/redness/hyperpigmentation covered right? I used to be very apprehensive as well cause I was embarrassed about my face, but I just spoke to the people at the counter about my issue and they were really helpful. They teach you all these tips and trick on how to apply whatever and also you can ask them to do it for you while you are there and have the freedom to wear it out for the day. You don't have to buy anything right away, test it out and if you like it, then go back and buy.

But yeah. Don't let being a guy worry you to much, makeup is there to cover what we dont want seen, and they get that. They have seen it all.

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 05/25/2013 7:55 pm

Dame I know, but I mean other people who are there will probably be looking saying is that guy gay or what? lol what day do you think might be the least busy so I can go. I wish I could just bring a makeup person to my house =(, that would be much more comfortable and private!

i want to get a max studio fix powder plus foundation, but they are so many colors i have no idea what shade i'd be. can you guys please? here's the link to three face pics of me any recommendations are highly appreciated!

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 05/25/2013 8:59 pm

Do just that. Have a makeup person to your house, contact Mary Kay or Avon they make house calls and would be glad to match you up!

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 05/25/2013 10:47 pm

they'll match up my color? can they also give me tips on what to use how to use it, how knowledgeable are these people?

Do just that. Have a makeup person to your house, contact Mary Kay or Avon they make house calls and would be glad to match you up!

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 05/26/2013 10:26 pm

Hey man I know you mentioned that you want a specific kind of foundation, but I'd recommend some BB cream to you too if that's an option available in your area. There's a brand at most local Walmarts and Targets called Garnier Miracle Skin Perfecter that I use when my skin goes through bad phases. It goes on really light and it doesn't take a lot to wash off either, like you don't need to bother with make-up pads or anything, just a basic cleanser gets it off.

There are light/medium shades and that's a darker shade which I think would fit your skin. That's just one other option for you that you can just grab in an aisle without anybody seeing that you're a guy buying makeup (because that would embarrass the fuck outta me, lol)

I've worn this to work in the past for almost 2 years, I wore it to social outings and I wore it multiple times while making out with old girlfriends...and no one can ever tell I have anything on, lol. Just a suggestion if the foundation thing doesn't work out for you.

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 05/26/2013 11:05 pm

Yes they will match your color. These people are makeup experts can teach you how to apply and wear

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 05/26/2013 11:05 pm

Hey dude, I looked at your profile and your skin looks practically perfect. Totally regular, above-average skin for a guy your age. Trust me. Do not wear makeup. Stop looking in the mirror and enjoy life. You may have had bad acne in the past but it's gone. It's over with. Be happy.

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 05/27/2013 10:21 am

hmmm interesting I looked it up on google, to what extent might it cover up pigment? How long can you where it for and how does it feel when you have it on?

Hey man I know you mentioned that you want a specific kind of foundation, but I'd recommend some BB cream to you too if that's an option available in your area. There's a brand at most local Walmarts and Targets called Garnier Miracle Skin Perfecter that I use when my skin goes through bad phases. It goes on really light and it doesn't take a lot to wash off either, like you don't need to bother with make-up pads or anything, just a basic cleanser gets it off.

There are light/medium shades and that's a darker shade which I think would fit your skin. That's just one other option for you that you can just grab in an aisle without anybody seeing that you're a guy buying makeup (because that would embarrass the fuck outta me, lol)

I've worn this to work in the past for almost 2 years, I wore it to social outings and I wore it multiple times while making out with old girlfriends...and no one can ever tell I have anything on, lol. Just a suggestion if the foundation thing doesn't work out for you.

MemberMember
(@ladolcevita95)

Posted : 05/27/2013 12:57 pm

At MAC shades are the opposite from the usual.

C stands for cool tones (yellow/olive undertones)

W stands for warm tones (pink undertones)

NC is neutral cool

NW neutral warm

I have the MAC studio finish powder plus foundation in C4. Judging from the pics you could either be a NC 25 or C 30 (:

MemberMember
(@madeleine24)

Posted : 05/27/2013 9:10 pm

Why don't you just try a pore minimizer and concealer? Or you could try that mineral powder which everyone uses for scarring...what's it called again? I am sure there are guys who buy that too!

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 05/27/2013 9:24 pm

I had bought make up on the pass well actually it was like a lotion the cover up the little imperfections really good I forgot what name or color this was probably 4 years ago...and dont worry about the other ppl I just pretended to be gay the day ha.

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 05/27/2013 10:17 pm

Well who says your not picking up makeup for your girlfriend. Just write a list and Walk down the makeup aisles look for what you want a stare at your list confused and pretend its for your girl if your that embarrassed. I've had my boyfriend pick me up polish makeup and tampons before. No biggie

MemberMember
(@olly-c)

Posted : 05/28/2013 7:49 pm

Your skin is really not that bad. In fact you have better skin than many of us here so don't worry about it so much.

If you decide to buy something to improve the look of your skin then I would follow Madeleine's suggestion :)