Notifications
Clear all

Almay smart shade foundation and conceleaer

MemberMember
(@ilovemypuppy)

Posted : 10/29/2009 5:05 pm

So since switching to the very strict routine of dan's regimen with nothing added or diff.

I decided to switch out makeup as well. He says to use the almay smartshade.

Well, iam hispanic. I have relatively light brown skin, but i also have redmarks and brown spots, in addition to little freckles on cheeks and nose, and when i have acne on my freckles it looks like a big mess, and can't tell whats what.lol

So, i was wondering if anyone who is hispanic or light brown skin color has used this and found it matched your skin?

And do you all think this would be ok makeup for me? (rignt now i don't have much acne except for a couple of whiteheads left)

And would i apply w/ foundation brush? i always apply makeup w/ brush but wasnt sure since of the type of makeup this is.

MemberMember
(@ilovemypuppy)

Posted : 10/29/2009 9:33 pm

I think the Almay SmartShade only comes in like 3 colors. You would probably be a light/medium or a medium. Frankly though, I don't think this would be right for your skin if you're planning on concealing ANYTHING. I bought and tried this, and it provides even less coverage than a tinted moisturizer - it is extremely sheer, and formulated for people without skin problems. It's more a very, very mild corrector to even out slight redness. I think it'd be a pretty good no-fuss item for someone with virtually perfect skin, but I really don't see how this would cover up acne at all.

Personally I would just recommend you find a light, hypoallergenic, noncomedogenic foundation to conceal some of the marks/acne, or a tinted moisturizer if you want to keep it light. Or you might not want to wear makeup at all - the Almay is really equivalent to wearing nothing on your face if you have skin problems. I was on the regimen a year or so ago and didn't have problems using my usual foundation. Just remember to cleanse it off thoroughly at the end of the day.

thanks duchamp, i was just wanted to see how well it worked before i spent money on it. I guess i will stick w/ my lancome teint idole. Which provides amazing coverage and can be layered if needs to

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 08/07/2015 9:09 am

If you have dark skin go with the darkest shade. For more coverage stipple it with a makeup sponge. For sheer coverage use your finger tips. There is also a Smart Shade concealer that you can dot on red marks that may need more coverage to hide.

Personally, I love Smart Shade and it's just about the only makeup I've found that works well with topicals and doesn't cake up.

Hope that helps!