Notifications
Clear all

Long List of Makeup Tips!!

MemberMember
(@jamris12)

Posted : 06/15/2010 3:44 am

if you like to work out, but still want some coverage on your skin .. i'd suggest using a powder foundation all over your face, and then before leaving the house, gently wipe off some of the powder. it's very sheer, but it covers some redness and red marks. and somehow it still stays on my oily skin after a 3 hr workout. if i applied liquid foundation and started working out, in no time it'd be running down my face in streaks.

-this has prob been mentioned already, but when you're applying a pencil eyeliner to your waterline, squint. that way it's easier to control the line you're creating.

-sponge tip applicators work nice if you just want to pack on color without having to use a brush.

-if you've been wanting a new eye shadow color, but haven't had time to go out and get it, mix some of the colors you already have on top of one another to make a new one.

-if you don't want to buy an under eye concealer and you already have a heavy coverage, liquid foundation, chances are its pigmented enough to be a decent concealer.

-don't ever let someone who works at a makeup counter pressure you into trying some of their things for a "makeover" if you really don't want to. one time i let a girl take off the foundation i was already wearing to try a primer, even tho i really didn't feel like it, and it was horrible. my skin started peeling bc i didn't realize how dry it was.

-you can find some cheap, pigmented makeup at swap meets, and fashion districts : D

MemberMember
(@seattegrace)

Posted : 06/16/2010 5:54 am

MAC Fix + is my saving grace. Love love love it. Works great with BareMinerals.

MemberMember
(@vicious-lyss)

Posted : 08/13/2010 7:58 pm

No blotting paper while on the go? Go into the bathroom, grab a toilet seat cover (preferably one in the middle, assuring it hasn't been touched, and rip a square off and use that.

">

MemberMember
(@blush1804)

Posted : 08/31/2010 6:41 am

Make up tuturial vids! :) ENJOY!!!!

">

MemberMember
(@nikaa)

Posted : 10/14/2011 11:59 am

Does anyone have any tips for applying makeup with the BP and moisturizer on?

I have a lot of issues with them slipping into my eyes and mouth even though I avoid those areas. Thus I know for certain applying makeup with that on my face would do the same thing to me.

Currently I only use the regimen at night and just moisturize during the day but I want to use the BP in the mornings too from time to time and would like to be able to apply makeup over it safely.

MemberMember
(@allrighty)

Posted : 07/17/2012 10:39 pm

Whabout a makeup for guys??? And one that covers pores and blackheads on the nose.

MemberMember
(@rush25)

Posted : 07/19/2012 3:30 pm

Whabout a makeup for guys??? And one that covers pores and blackheads on the nose.

Pores can't really be covered. To help minimize the appearance of large pores, you can use a primer under foundation or a mattifying lotion if you're not wearing foundation. But unfortunately, pores aren't something you can just cover up.

MemberMember
(@michelmorgon)

Posted : 08/01/2012 4:40 pm

Most of woman use Makeup.MAC Camel: Revlon Pro Bamboo is the best,and there are so many products avaliable in the market.So All products but accept the suggation of doctors.

MemberMember
(@dantheman1014)

Posted : 08/14/2012 6:58 pm

Great thread!

MemberMember
(@outdoorwoman)

Posted : 09/04/2012 11:41 am

There should be less expensive alternatives to MAC. I like to wear makeup. But, because of acne I feel compelled to wear it all of the time. I trying to avoid most makeup now. Except brow powder (I need AUBURN) for my red hair) and a good AUBURN mascara Max Factor had a great one but it is no longer available. I wear a base of Neutrogena AHA day lotion or glycerin. Then Acnomel. I've mixed feelings about the Clean and Clear acne Moisturizer. I think it breaks me out. Most makeups break me out so I don't wear a foundation. Then I use a bronzer and blusher, and glimmer as described. My makeup application takes 15-20 minutes. BUT the face prep, from my acne takes at least another 20 minutes. My hair, low maintenance, but my skin, HIGH MAINTENANCE. Difficult for an outdoors gal like me.

Any solutions to ingrown brow hairs? That is a problem I have. They get ingrown, I get cysts and I HAVE to dig the out or they get WORSE.

MemberMember
(@rush25)

Posted : 09/05/2012 8:25 pm

There are several alternatives to the MAC products listed. I worked for MAC while I was in college, hence the MAC-centric recommendations. If anyone is looking for specific dupes for MAC products, just let me know.

MemberMember
(@hellolovve)

Posted : 09/10/2012 11:15 am

For me it is important to put my foundation on, go do something else, and then come back to touch up if need be. My skin needs time to settle & get less red after I apply my foundation. If I dont give it time then I end up over applying.

MemberMember
(@fluffyzgiggler)

Posted : 12/02/2012 10:03 pm

Has anyone tried the Matchmaster Foundation from MAC? It has fairly good coverage, while still being a bit translucent like a mineral makeup. But I feel like it holds up better through the day. I don't want quite the full coverage of Studio Fix, so that's a definite plus. It looks a hell of a lot more natural. But I've only just purchased it, so I'm curious what other people's experiences with it have been.

I've also found a strange benefit to wearing makeup: it guarantees that I'm going to do the evening regimen! I have a tendency to forget that one...

MemberMember
(@laurenkellie)

Posted : 12/04/2012 1:05 pm

I've been searching for a while on where to post this but I guess I will start here! I've only been on the regimen for 4 weeks now but my flakiness, itchiness, and dryness is unbearable. It is only moderately flaky but when I try to put makeup on it looks HORRIBLE. Liquid or mineral foundation doesn't go on well and makes my face look like a reptile. I see dry patches and the color is uneven and just bad. It's disgusting and I am missing the days where I had bad acne but at least my makeup hid it and looked good! Any suggestions? I already mix 5 drops of jojoba oil with my moisturizer but I don't think it's enough. Before the regimen I used to exfoliate a lot and I think maybe my face needs it. I have the AHA but was told not to use it for a couple more weeks? Help please. I am really upset about this. Thanks so much.

MemberMember
(@user74659)

Posted : 12/10/2012 10:50 am

A good list of comedogens in makeup:

http://www.zerozits.com/Articles/acnedetect.htm

I use it to test products against before buying them, and, though it is a bit time consuming, I seem to get less breakouts this way!!

MemberMember
(@emma10)

Posted : 02/07/2013 1:05 pm

A good list of comedogens in makeup:

http://www.zerozits.com/Articles/acnedetect.htm

I use it to test products against before buying them, and, though it is a bit time consuming, I seem to get less breakouts this way!!

Great list, yes! But I usually miss some ingredients that you often find in mineral makeup like illuminare, Everyday minerals... I looked for cornstarch and mica in the list... Could they be called by any other name?

MemberMember
(@lisax)

Posted : 03/30/2013 2:56 pm

I try to hide my red marks and scars with clinique even better foundation and mac concealer but the marks can still be seen:( it makes me feel ugly and paranoid when people look at me. Could anyone help or give me hints to cover them?

MemberMember
(@britszits)

Posted : 10/16/2013 10:10 am

I love the "eyebrows are sisters, not twins" remark. So true! My eyebrows are just not identical, no matter how frequently or infrequently I tweeze!

I try to hide my red marks and scars with clinique even better foundation and mac concealer but the marks can still be seen:( it makes me feel ugly and paranoid when people look at me. Could anyone help or give me hints to cover them?