Notifications
Clear all

face makeup with SA

MemberMember
(@poordaughterhasacne)

Posted : 05/26/2007 6:34 pm

Has anyone experienced breakouts from using face makeup that has SA as one of it's ingredients? I was thinking of getting this type of makeup for my daughter. I swear I think her cover girl is breaking her out causing all her little flesh colored bumps.

MemberMember
(@ilovemypuppy)

Posted : 05/28/2007 1:59 am

it seemed drying and didnt make the makeup look that good. I would suggest using a bp spot treatment before applying makeup. and about picking makeup i would do the oil test and check out this for on good suggestions on foundation. I picked lancome teinte idole from this.

'oil-test' for makeup u put a drop of it on a piece of paper and leaving it overnight and if there is a ring of oil around it in the morning then it's really not oil-free

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...;hl=test+makeup

good luck on helping ur daughter

MemberMember
(@sephora28)

Posted : 05/28/2007 3:10 pm

anything but covergirl will be an improvement. What covergirl foundation is she using, BTW?

MemberMember
(@poordaughterhasacne)

Posted : 05/28/2007 4:13 pm

anything but covergirl will be an improvement. What covergirl foundation is she using, BTW?
MemberMember
(@foomph)

Posted : 05/28/2007 5:10 pm

^ that stuff didn't actually break me out but it did really irritate my skin so it's probably not great for acne.

I use Clinique Calrifying makeup with SA.

The thing with SA is that in most makeups and even in toners, it's not in the correct 1) percentage and 2) pH level to make it effective.

So it's like not having it in your makeup anyway. (learned that from paula Begoun's weebsite)

MemberMember
(@murfirhea)

Posted : 05/28/2007 6:28 pm

she is using covergirl trublend powder. I kinda think it has something to do with part of her breakout problem.

MemberMember
(@_magic_dust_)

Posted : 05/28/2007 6:37 pm

i wear foundation with SA and i absolutely love it. the best thing that has ever worked for me and kept my skin looking fresh through out the day.

MemberMember
(@mirabellabeauties)

Posted : 08/02/2013 6:27 am

The most face makeup and guaranteed to turn heads in the market onlinethe most face makeup and guaranteed to turn heads in the market online .

Face makeup gives glow face .

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 08/02/2013 7:09 am

I just use a concealer (exuvience coverblend) on the spots and then mineral makeup powder (physician's formula) over....I don't like putting foundation on all over, feels too smothering

so hard to say with the makeup it could be the SA, or something else in the makeup - time for her to try another one

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 08/02/2013 6:03 pm

Covergirl... i know its the symbol of makeup and beauty or whatever- but man... the ingredients the makeup contains is nasty, might as well take your detergent and smear it on your skin. erm... i dont exactly like anything from the drug store , well foundation wise anyways. I dont recc getting a foundation with SA in it mostly because i dont like to mix treatment with makeup (but thats just me) - Anyways i would recc something from Clinique, dermablend, bareminerals (except there brushes suck because they are made of horse hair... and im allergic to horse hair baha) anyways yeah