Notifications
Clear all

Accutane + Drinking alcohol?

MemberMember
(@binarystar)

Posted : 04/10/2005 11:12 pm

I'm thinking of going on accutane to reduce oiliness and the size of my pores once and for all. I have a couple of questions though.

Is drinking alcohol while on accutane dangerous? What about smoking cigarettes?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 04/11/2005 5:41 am

yep i rekon it causes POTENTIALLY more breakouts for me also. I've been drinking like every weekend. And well i know your not supposed to but hah its more mates over tane.

MemberMember
(@parker)

Posted : 04/11/2005 9:03 am

I noticed I got drunk on a LOT less then I usually did so after the first time I just stopped drinking for the time I was on Tane.

The other reason was that Alcohol really dehydrates you and Tane can really dry up your skin so that combination is not too good either.

Amybrook liked
MemberMember
(@jessba)

Posted : 04/11/2005 10:56 am

i've had a few massive booze nights on the tane and haven't found it any better or worse than before i started taking the meds.. i'm only on 20mg a day though so i'm not sure whether or not it would differ if you're on a higher dosage.

i think generally speaking though, it's not the best idea, seeing as your liver is under enough stress just from the tane without adding alcohol into the equation. but eh, easier said than done!

MemberMember
(@nutopia)

Posted : 04/11/2005 1:41 pm

Well I let loose Saturday night. Probably had about 8 or 9 beer. Back before tane I could've downed about 18 or 20 without feeling that way. After 2 or 3 beer I felt drunk. Kinda funny, saves money. Don't overdo it though.

MemberMember
(@arpazia)

Posted : 04/11/2005 2:37 pm

In all honesty, many people do drink while taking Accutane and while I was on it, I did as well. Just please be aware of this: It takes your liver one hour to process one drink. What does not get processed during that hour, gets stored as triglycerides. Accutane has a similar effect on your liverAaas ability to process waste and many people on Accutane experience heightened triglyceride levels with or without alcohol.

My advice: Start taking Milk Thistle and Dandelion Root. If you continue to smoke cigarettes, please be aware that you are depleting the Vitamin C in your body so you should take 1000 milligrams of Vitamin C a day. In addition, these supplements are also used to combat acne so you are technically killing two birds with one stone.

MemberMember
(@amybrook)

Posted : 11/24/2013 8:55 pm

I've been on Accutane for almost a month, and i drank for the first time while on it last night. I had about a mickey of raspberry smirnoff, in shot wise and im 5'3 and 120 lbs. This was all in about 4 hours, i was fine i didnt feel as drunk as i usually would. But in all honesty, i was scared to drink on these pills but to be honest it really didnt affect me! I didnt take my pills that morning, maybe thats why. The next morning i was fine, had a tiny hangover but it went away once i ate some greasy food. Dont be scared to drink on these meds! Just dont get super drunk or do it all the time, because im sure it doesnt make your liver that happy.