Keflex

MemberMember
(@joeno24)

Posted : 02/22/2005 8:07 pm

I have tried virtually all oral antibiotics. I tried Tetracycline, Minocycline (was allergic), doxycycline (upset my sotmach). So my doctor put me on Keflex. I' have done some research and no where does it mention that Keflex is used to treat acne. I was wondeirng if anyone else has tried Keflex for acne. Well let me know, thanx

MemberMember
(@xseamlessleox)

Posted : 02/22/2005 8:28 pm

I was on it this same time last year for acne. It worked pretty decent after a month and a half or so. It is used for acne, that is just not its main thing. It is anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory.

MemberMember
(@ayla)

Posted : 02/22/2005 9:33 pm

I have tried virtually all oral antibiotics. I tried Tetracycline, Minocycline (was allergic), doxycycline (upset my sotmach). So my doctor put me on Keflex. I' have done some research and no where does it mention that Keflex is used to treat acne. I was wondeirng if anyone else has tried Keflex for acne. Well let me know, thanx

Antibiotics tend to be work differently for different areas of the body. Keflex is a potent antibiotic for skin infections such as staph, but it is not particularly effective for p. acne. If you've tried all the others though, give it a shot-it's very mild-and I'm either allergic or have an idiosyncratic reaction to everything!

MemberMember
(@browndude)

Posted : 02/23/2005 3:55 am

I used it for a skin infection and it worked great for that, but did nothing for acne. I was only on it for a month.

MemberMember
(@the-uphill-battle)

Posted : 08/16/2015 4:56 pm

I was put on it after a surgery and my skin looked amaaaaaazing. I'm thinking of requesting it from my derm since my skin freaked out once I ran out.