NICOMIDE

MemberMember
(@sm)

Posted : 10/25/2002 11:01 am

there's a great new product out there that i want to recommend to everyone out there. it's called nicomide and it's a vitamin that has zinc, folic acid, and some other ingredients that help stop acne especially inflammatory acne from forming. it's good because it's not a medicine so it doesn't stop working like antibiotics do after you use it for awhile. i've been using it in conjunction with the regimen and my face has been completely clear for months. please ask your derm about this i hope it will help you guys like it helped me.

MemberMember
(@lolly)

Posted : 11/09/2002 6:01 pm

I just was prescribed to Nicomide and I'm nervous to start taking it. I told my dermatologist that I didn't want to go on anti-biotics becasue I'm scared of the side effects, so she told me Nicomide was my best bet. After purchasing Nicomide, I read the warning label and it said "don't take if trying to conceive." This was the same reason it scared me to take anti-biotics. I'm not trying to get pregnant or anything, but I'm just worried it will effect my overall fertility. I could just be being neurotic, but I also couldnt seem to find any articles written about Nicomide. If you have any info, please respond.

Thanks! :)

MemberMember
(@sm)

Posted : 11/10/2002 7:20 pm

as to your question, this is what i found in the booklet regarding nicomide and pregnancy:

Why does the Patient Information say "indicated for nonpregnant patients"?

Nicomide contains more nicotinamide and zinc than what is recommended for use in pregnancy. Large dosages of nicotinamide and zinc have not been studied in pregnant patients and therefore should not be used. In addition, Nicomide contains folic acid and ingredient often included in prescription prenatal vitamins to help prevent certain birth defects. But because the amount of folic acid is lower than that required for pregnancy vitamins, Nicomide is not intended as a prenatal supplement.

i hope this helps.

MemberMember
(@lolly)

Posted : 11/10/2002 8:24 pm

Thank you so much! I figured I was just being extra cautious.

MemberMember
(@lunachick)

Posted : 11/11/2002 12:14 pm

Can you only get this from a doctor? Do they sell this product online? Sm...are there any negative side effects? I've never heard of this before. It sounds like a great alternative to antibiotics. Also, what kind of acne did you have before you started? I would appreciate any info! I'm really happy that this is working so well for you!

MemberMember
(@sm)

Posted : 11/11/2002 12:59 pm

Can you only get this from a doctor? Do they sell this product online? Sm...are there any negative side effects? I've never heard of this before. It sounds like a great alternative to antibiotics. Also, what kind of acne did you have before you started? I would appreciate any info! I'm really happy that this is working so well for you!

From what i've seen you can only get this with a prescription from a doctor. As to selling it online, i don't know. The great thing about nicomide is that there are no negative side effects. It's not a medicine like antibiotics so it won't give you stomach aches and it won't stop working after awhile like they do. Before i started using nicomide and the regimen, i would say i had mild to moderate inflammatory acne. now i am completely clear except for this one pimple that is going to go away any day now. definitely ask your derm about it.

MemberMember
(@inyourpocket87)

Posted : 10/28/2003 9:47 pm

I take Nicomide along with an antibiotic. Nicomide has had only one side effect on me. And I can avoid it too. You just need to take it on a full stomach or you'll get a little nauseated. At least that's how it works with me.

MemberMember
(@njacobs)

Posted : 10/28/2003 11:47 pm

Nicomide is nothing but an overpriced vitamin/mineral supplement. My derm has no idea why they had to make this a prescription drug. Can you say $$? You can buy the individual vitamins/minerals at the strengths listed in Nicomide, and save yourself a lot of money.

MemberMember
(@piso)

Posted : 10/29/2003 5:29 am

Not bad.

MemberMember
(@butter1)

Posted : 10/29/2003 11:13 am

Hey I've been using it for 2 months and it does absolutely nothing!! What a rip off! Got my hopes up and everything. Now I'm back on Doryx which worked really well for me last time. I hope it still works.

MemberMember
(@bella-babe)

Posted : 11/02/2003 10:41 pm

i am using nicomide along with minocyclin, and i have not been this clear in 4 years!!!! i am so happy! i would definately say i had moderate to severe acne (the stubborn kind, that never goes away) on my face, chest, and back, and i wouldn't even leave my house i was so embarrassed, and now i seriously maybe have like 3 zits on my entire body! crazy isn't it! and the even crazier thing is that it only took about a month to do it!!!! i am also on ortho-tri cyclen lo (birth control), and using topical differin cream (make sure u get the cream, cuz it isn't as irritating). i went from having waayyy too many zits to count, and now i only have a few, and i have gorgeous skin! i also stopped using all those irritating face washes with SA or BP.....those just made me ten times worse.....and now i use cetaphil and i swear my skin has never been so soft and gorgeous! lol wow i cant believe im writing this! but i just haven't been this happy in seriously like 4 years! i was soooo depressed, and this has just given me so much confidence back! i am still kinda self concious though, and i am still here for all of u guys....and i will support all of u, cuz i know first hand how hard it is to deal with! its a living hell! but i strongly recomend my so-called regimen to anyone who doesn't want to take the risk of accutane. the scary thing is, i was at the point where i was considering accutane, but i am so glad i found this.....and im hoping i will just outgrow my acne after a while! GOOD LUCK to everyone!

SORRY SO LONG!

MemberMember
(@bc23)

Posted : 12/27/2012 8:01 pm

It doesn't do anything. I've been using it for 3 months now.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/28/2012 9:05 am

Does anyone know of any cheaper alternatives? Nicomide is $120.