Notifications
Clear all

Stacking RETIN-A MICRO with NEUTROGENA ON-THE-SPOT cream

MemberMember
(@xxgreg4787xxcs-com)

Posted : 10/05/2002 9:50 am

Did anyone ever try this: moring- bonzoyl peroxide and at night retin-a? If so please post your sesults. And for those who didnt try it and know what it will do, please post ❓ :D

MemberMember
(@njacobs)

Posted : 10/05/2002 11:24 pm

It's possible to use BP in the morning and Retin-A at night, but it really depends how well you can tolerate it. I couldn't even handle the Retin-A Micro by itself (too much redness, itching and flaking). First, you should discuss it with your doctor. He or she will probably let you try it to decide for yourself. I think that you would have to use an EXTREMELY mild cleanser, a decent moisturizer, and no more than the 2.5% BP. If you can tolerate it, it sounds like it would be a very effective one-two punch against acne - BP to kill bacteria and Retin-A to clean out the pores. Just remember that healthy acne-free skin does not come from drying the hell out of your face.

MemberMember
(@drewel)

Posted : 10/06/2002 12:09 pm

After being on Retin-A Micro for a few months, I started using the Neutrogena BP in the morning...apparently this combination worked extremely well. My acne started clearing up even more, and now it seems like all I have to deal with is the red marks that are fading somewhat. Hope that helped :D

MemberMember
(@madiha)

Posted : 10/09/2002 12:30 pm

Hey

I have been using Retin-A Micro for about 4 weeks now every other day cuz the peeling is pretty bad...i dont get too red but look a little flushed...

nyways it has improved my acne a little bit... cuz i broke out pretty badly in the 2nd week of using it... hopefully tht wont happen again... now i have few pimples but a lot of red and brown spots near my chin area.... has any of u had the same experience with the initial breakout..

does it eventually subside????

MemberMember
(@xxgreg4787xxcs-com)

Posted : 10/09/2002 2:17 pm

i dont know why but i only break out around the chin are, since i started using retin-a

MemberMember
(@3pointshoota)

Posted : 10/13/2002 11:05 am

Hi,

I have been on bp in the morning and retin a micro at night. It has worked EXTREMLY well for me. It is even helping fade my red marks. However, during the second and third week on retin- a I got a lot of acne on my cheeck. However, during my fourth week it stared to clear up

MemberMember
(@n4s)

Posted : 10/21/2002 8:32 pm

I was on Retin-A micro like 2 years ago. It was the first major acne drug I had gone on. I used a light facewash morning and night and before I put it on. After the peeling and about 6 weeks my face was completly clear.

MemberMember
(@mymiroismyhero)

Posted : 07/29/2017 8:49 am

On 10/9/2002 at 1:30 PM, Madiha said:

Hey

I have been using Retin-A Micro for about 4 weeks now every other day cuz the peeling is pretty bad...i dont get too red but look a little flushed...

nyways it has improved my acne a little bit... cuz i broke out pretty badly in the 2nd week of using it... hopefully tht wont happen again... now i have few pimples but a lot of red and brown spots near my chin area.... has any of u had the same experience with the initial breakout..

does it eventually subside????

MemberMember
(@mymiroismyhero)

Posted : 07/29/2017 8:51 am

Be aware that going on tretinoin may cause a purging period that is highly emotional for up to four months, which is what it did for me before I saw improvement. I was upset because it made my acne far worse before it got better. Stick with it. Tretinoin is the only prescription I will always stay on; benefits against wrinkles and smoothing of complexion. Trust me, it will bother you for a while