Notifications
Clear all

Isotretinoin (Low) Fixed Dose 20 MG

MemberMember
(@ludadubz)

Posted : 07/20/2018 10:36 pm

1 hour ago, misterhealthman said:

Hey guys can I join? I started 20 mg daily of accurate April 24th. I also am still breaking out. I get dry lips and my skin is a little dry as well. I think its working but from all my research it seems like it takes a long time to see full results. Also I am 33 who has suffered from persistent acne since the age of 15

Wow, your story is damn near identical to mine. I started to get acne at 15 also and have been dealing with it for 15 years (im 30 now)

im 187lbs and was taking 20mgs a day for 3 months and i was steadily just breaking out. My derm upped my dosage to 60mgs, which i been on for a week and a day so far so there goes my low dose experiment. Now i will never know if low dose was going to work for me or not...as I will be stsyinf at 60mgs daily from now on.

it sucks when you see stories of folks who clear up in month 1-3 and you're sitting there still breaking out.

acne is the devil at work and I serioudsy cant wait for accutane to get rid of it!!

MemberMember
(@misterhealthman)

Posted : 07/21/2018 4:32 am

Yeah you are suppose to see complete clearing during month 3-5 or so? I will be on this dose for 1 year just to get complete clearance

Ludadubz liked
MemberMember
(@ludadubz)

Posted : 07/21/2018 2:30 pm

9 hours ago, misterhealthman said:

Yeah you are suppose to see complete clearing during month 3-5 or so? I will be on this dose for 1 year just to get complete clearance

Are you the one who wants to keep it at 20mgs for the whole treatment or was it your doctor that recommended it? I stayed at 20mgs for 3 months, but since i didnt see any results, my doctor raised the dose to 60 and now I am waiting to see what happens.

What is the severity of your acne? how have you coped with having acne for so long? Especially at work and stuff like that...just curious as its rare to talk to other folks who have had acne as long as me and are male

MemberMember
(@misterhealthman)

Posted : 07/22/2018 5:26 am

14 hours ago, Ludadubz said:
Are you the one who wants to keep it at 20mgs for the whole treatment or was it your doctor that recommended it? I stayed at 20mgs for 3 months, but since i didnt see any results, my doctor raised the dose to 60 and now I am waiting to see what happens.

What is the severity of your acne? how have you coped with having acne for so long? Especially at work and stuff like that...just curious as its rare to talk to other folks who have had acne as long as me and are male

The severity isn™t extreme. I would classify it as some blackheads, clogged pores and overly oily skin. Not extreme and so 20 mg daily so I don™t have to deal with bad side effects. It™ll just take a year to get to roughly 7,800 mg total. 

Also it is by Gods grace that I have dealt with it for so long :)

MemberMember
(@al525)

Posted : 09/11/2018 11:17 am

Week 20-

i no longer really have or get acne at this point. The accutane worked, at the 20mg fixed dose. It took about 4 months to see results. Staying on it for another 8 months to achieve the best results possible. I have absolutely zero sides except for dry lips still. I would say i have achieved about 90% clearance or more.

Ludadubz liked