Notifications
Clear all

New acne treatment: Retin A Micro 0.08% pump and Clindamycin 0.1%

MemberMember
(@katerinap)

Posted : 11/23/2017 11:36 pm

I just went back to my dermatologist on 11/20, after two years of trying to keep my acne under control. It was going well as long I used my topicals. I was currently on Epiduo and Aczone 5%. Unfortunately I had another flare up with my ulcerative colitis and after being put on prednisone for so long/adding in a new medication for my uc, my skin became super super sensitive to anything, even cetaphil or moisturizer. Unfortunately after this, I could no longer use Epiduo because my skin could no longer handle benzoyl peroxide or adapalene/differin. Now I am on Retin-A Micro Gel Pump-0.08% at night and Clindamycin solution 1%.

P.M. Routine:
Take of makeup with Equate makeup wipes
Wash with Purpose gentle cleanser, make sure face is dry, apply Retin-A Micro Gel

A.M. Routine:
Wash with Purpose gentle cleanser, gently exfoliate any flakey skin with my fingers in the shower, pat dry, apply Clindamycin gel
Makeup: Revlon Colorstay foundation, Loreal Infalliable Powder

I've only been on this treatment 3 days, so I can't say how it's working other than I am getting less breakouts, I have 1 or 2 little whiteheads at the moment. I hope I don't breakout anymore, but I have 3 months until I go back to my derm, so I will continue to blog my progress on here when I can.

MemberMember
(@katerinap)

Posted : 12/09/2017 12:29 am

I am now two weeks into my new skin care routine. I have added a few different changes to my skin and makeup routine. One changed added to my skin care routine was recommended to me by my dermatologist and it is working quite well, even with my skin being sensitive to most things. She told me to add in Neutrogena Clear Pore face wash into my routine. That is a wash that she loves and usually recommends to her patients. I love this wash! It has helped so much with black heads and it has also helped shrink my pores a little as well along with the Retin-A Micro. I only use this wash at night though since I use the Clindamycin in my morning routine. Another thing I added into my routine is Dermalogica micro exfoliant. This helps get the flakey skin off my face and ready for me to apply makeup for the day. The trick with this is to use it before washing my face off in the morning bc it can leave a residue on my skin that my face is a little sensitive to. So I use this exfoliant first, then wash my face with Purpose wash and i'm good to go get ready for the day. My skin is a little red at the moment after I wash my face, but it calms down after about 10-15 minutes. As far as breakouts go, most are cleared and my complexion looks a lot better. I am still getting small whiteheads and blackheads coming to the surface, but they are so small, so it's not too bad. My skin is really soft and not peeling as much as before. I am hoping by a month into using this routine my skin just stays clear bc I have been on retinoids for maintenance for a while now. I will probably post another update in a few weeks or a little after a month into this routine to see if there are any more changes.

AM Routine:
Wet face, use Dermalogica exfoliant, rinse off, wash with Purpose cleanser, pat dry. Wait 5 min, use Clindamycin, wait 10 min to apply makeup. Makeup I use: Estee Lauder Foundation & Revlon Colorstay setting powder.

PM Routine:
Use Equate makeup wipes, wash with Purpose cleanser to get off any remaining makeup, then wash with Neutrogena wash. Pat dry, then apply Retin-A.