Notifications
Clear all

Lymecycline

MemberMember
(@charbellaa)

Posted : 10/30/2017 7:21 pm

I came off birth control 4 months ago and I keep getting acne on my cheeks! I went to the docs and I got prescribed lymecyline and I took one tablet and within 2 hours I was vomitting and felt really ill.. So I spoke to my doctor and she said to just carry on but I was abit worried so I never carried on. Till today were my acne has got worse I deicided to just start it.. I took my first tablet and was absolutely fine this time.. I took it on a empty stomach so maybe that's why?? Anyway i just wanted to know other people's experiences with this.. And I wanted to know how soon will the acne clear up? I hear some people take 2 weeks others take 6 months! Also what side effects do you get on this medication? And once I finish my 2 months can I carry on taking them? Did you get a purging phase before it got better??

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/30/2017 7:36 pm

I had been on 3 courses of flucloxacillin for folliculitus,i had some active stuff on my face.the flucloxacillin nearly killed the folliculitus but the course ended and the folliculitus came back.

so i did flucloxacillin 3x,then a dr prescribed me lymecycline,56 days worth,1 daily 408mg.this was 7 days after my 3rd course of flucloxacillin,within 2-3 days my skin started clearing up.

I just finished my 4th week on the stuff and overall i am impressed.not only has it pretty much cleared my folliculitus it has kept me prety much spot free,not even a single whitehead.i have noticed just 2 pimples last couple days on my neck.so after 4 weeks i am clear and was pretty much clear during the first week.

i take my capsule in the morning,when i wake up.at first it gave me smelly farts but its pretty much settled down.

nothing more i can say bar it keeps me nice and clear,i got 4 more weeks of it.
:)

MemberMember
(@duperele)

Posted : 10/31/2017 3:06 am

I have been on lymecycline 2 times in my life, in both cases it cleared me up amazingly, however after the first course i messed up my skin... so i had to take it again. I am in my 6th month, taking one 500 mg tablet every third day, and i am 100% clear on face and some small whiteheads on back, about 3.

MemberMember
(@lifeswaitingtobegin)

Posted : 11/06/2017 1:53 pm

I used lymecycline and it worked and cleared my skin noticeably after only about 2 weeks but stopped working after about 6months. Didnt have any side effects at all. Yes you can take them longer than 2 months...if your doctor agrees of course. However in my experience antibiotics are only a short term fix for acne and you are better off finding the root cause of the problem.

MemberMember
(@charbellaa)

Posted : 11/08/2017 6:09 pm

Did your acne come back worse when you stopped? Thinking about when my acne does clear up to go back on birth control to make my hormones balanced

MemberMember
(@acnelondon)

Posted : 11/10/2017 8:23 am

On 6 November 2017 at 6:53 PM, LifesWaitingToBegin said:

I used lymecycline and it worked and cleared my skin noticeably after only about 2 weeks but stopped working after about 6months. Didnt have any side effects at all. Yes you can take them longer than 2 months...if your doctor agrees of course. However in my experience antibiotics are only a short term fix for acne and you are better off finding the root cause of the problem.

I get what you're saying about not relying on birth control but what do you mean 'finding the root cause of the problem'? In many cases the problem will be the body's inability to control p. acnes bacteria and that's what anti-biotics are fighting and why it improves the skin.

MemberMember
(@lifeswaitingtobegin)

Posted : 11/10/2017 9:49 am

1 hour ago, acnelondon said:
On 06/11/2017 at 6:53 PM, LifesWaitingToBegin said:

I get what you're saying about not relying on birth control but what do you mean 'finding the root cause of the problem'? In many cases the problem will be the body's inability to control p. acnes bacteria and that's what anti-biotics are fighting and why it improves the skin.

Well if it is your bodies inability to control p.acnes,why is this? Is it something you lacking in your diet ( vitamins) or something you are taking in your diet (dairy/gluten etc) or maybe an underlying illness or immune system problem? But from my experience antibiotics are not a long term solution...yes they will most likely clear your skin up but you cant take them forever and more often then not when you stop taking them acne will return or if you simply carry on taking them your acne will eventually become resistant to them.