Notifications
Clear all

Doxycycline - Mino questions

MemberMember
(@malemuriel)

Posted : 10/30/2017 4:08 pm

I have been prescribed 100mg/day Minocycline for 45 days. I have read about its rare side effectspossibly causing severe harm to the liver (lupus, hepatits), really scared me off. Does anybody know if Doxycycline does things like that as well? even if its less effective than Mino but also less dangerous i would preffer that. Thanks

MemberMember
(@duperele)

Posted : 10/31/2017 3:07 am

well.... They just write out those side effects so nobody can sue them when somebody gets it. It is VERY VERY rare. And i think only people with very sensitive livers and bad bad health get those side effects.

MemberMember
(@malemuriel)

Posted : 10/31/2017 5:20 am

2 hours ago, Duperele said:

well.... They just write out those side effects so nobody can sue them when somebody gets it. It is VERY VERY rare. And i think only people with very sensitive livers and bad bad health get those side effects.

That isnt completely true.. I have researched it deeply and found that healthy people get these severe liver injuries from Mino. Very rare though.Wondering if Doxy causes that as well ..

MemberMember
(@duperele)

Posted : 10/31/2017 9:21 am

3 hours ago, MaleMuriel said:
6 hours ago, Duperele said:

That isnt completely true.. I have researched it deeply and found that healthy people get these severe liver injuries from Mino. Very rare though.Wondering if Doxy causes that as well ..

Yea but millions of people do take this drug, whilst you can find only some who got those side effects, most of the pople who have taken it just forget about their acne because it got significantly better, that's why you only hear bad opinions on the internet, because noone who got good results from it bothers so sit on the internet.

MemberMember
(@malemuriel)

Posted : 10/31/2017 9:51 am

1 hour ago, Duperele said:
Yea but millions of people do take this drug, whilst you can find only some who got those side effects, most of the pople who have taken it just forget about their acne because it got significantly better, that's why you only hear bad opinions on the internet, because noone who got good results from it bothers so sit on the internet.

Im aware of that, but i dont know if its worth the risk. have u used Mino/Doxy?

MemberMember
(@duperele)

Posted : 10/31/2017 10:14 am

I have used tetracycline, nothing bad happened.

MemberMember
(@malemuriel)

Posted : 10/31/2017 11:10 am

I have used tetracycline, nothing bad happened.

What was the severity of your acne? how long did you take it? did it help? if yes, how much time after you have stopped taking it your acne came back? thanks!

MemberMember
(@duperele)

Posted : 10/31/2017 12:06 pm

My acne was i would say SEVERE really severe, giant purple boils all over face... It was horrible. I took it for 6 months together with epiduo. And it cleared me up to 100% so i only have some hyperpigmentation left and mild scarring which i am maybe going to get a treatment for, (maybe not they actually look cool, maybe not).

I stopped taking it 2 weeks ago, still 100% free, but acne will surely (if you have not grown out of it) come back after you stop using antibiotics, if you don't continue with a maintance treatment, as in my case consists of Epiduo and a diary free diet.

As soon as the antibiotics leave you body you have no longer protection against the bacteria, and it can form freely, that's why it is important to have something to maintain your clear skin. Antibiotics are great to calm down acne, and get you through the hard phase, until you eventually grow out form it.

I also hope that I have grown out of my acne, since i started getting thick facial hair during the antibiotic course, which means i have the "hormone imbalance" behind me. I am an 17 year old male.

So..
My acne was very severe
I took it for 6 months
It helped! it was like a blessing
Acne did notcome back yet, i hope epiduo will keep it at bay.

MemberMember
(@malemuriel)

Posted : 10/31/2017 12:16 pm

My acne was i would say SEVERE really severe, giant purple boils all over face... It was horrible. I took it for 6 months together with epiduo. And it cleared me up to 100% so i only have some hyperpigmentation left. I stopped taking it 2 weeks ago, still 100% free, and i have mild scarring and hyperpigmentation, but acne will come back after antibiotics, if you don't continue with a maintance treatment, as in my case consists of Epiduo and a diary free diet. Because as soon as the antibiotics leave you body you have no longer protection against the bacteria. I also hope that I have grown out of my acne, since i started getting thick facial hair during the antibiotic course, which means i have the "hormone imbalance" behind me. I am an 17 year old male.

Im also 17(in a month) male! how much time did it take since you have started taking the pill untill it got better? which exact antibiotic did you take ? also do you use epidou just if a spot apears or on areas? glad it got better for you ! im so desperate right now.. cant start treatment because my annual trip is in two weeks and those antibiotics make you sun senstive.. bummer! thanks!

MemberMember
(@duperele)

Posted : 10/31/2017 12:25 pm

Well im sorry to tell you, but it took about 2 months to get Good, but it was totaly worth it. Epiduo is an retinoid which means it might take time to work and it might get worse before it gets better, but it will almost surely get better. It works as good as accutane, without posioning your body. I took Tetralysal which uses lymecycline as active substance, the antibiotic group is "tetracyclines".

I use epiduo on my whole face including spots (which i dont get anymore) almost every evening, , it also contains benzyol peroxide which kills bacteria.

Now I am dealing with hyperpigmentation.

I was desperate to mate, I met a girl whilst being 100 % clear which i really fell in love with. Then she left for a 6 month trip as an exchange student to USA. And my fricking skin got horrible whilst she was gone... so i had to fix it fast.

I would advice you to try the antibiotics mate. I saw you started Accutane, and that can really mess you up, for example some people get erectile dysfunction, which is not nice, You can surely take it but there are other treatments that you should try before, if they don't work, then you can go ahead with accutane, but that should be the last resort.

MemberMember
(@malemuriel)

Posted : 10/31/2017 12:33 pm

Well im sorry to tell you, but it took about 2 months to get Good, but it was totaly worth it. Epiduo is an retinoid which means it might take time to work and it might get worse before it gets better, but it will almost surely get better. It works as good as accutane, without posioning your body. I took Tetralysal which uses lymecycline as active substance, the antibiotic group is "tetracyclines". 

I use epiduo on my whole face including spots (which i dont get anymore) almost every evening, , it also contains  benzyol peroxide which kills bacteria.

Now I am dealing with hyperpigmentation.

I was desperate to mate, I met a girl whilst being 100 % clear which i really fell in love with. Then she left for a 6 month trip as an exchange student to USA. And my fricking skin got horrible whilst she was gone... so i had to fix it fast.

My acne is mild-moderate. i have differin but im currently not using it as im afraid of the initial breakout. Man i had a girl& a clear skin 2.5 month ago, then started breaking out and didnt have the courage to meet her with my skin... now i have none :(