Notifications
Clear all

Retin A Damage

MemberMember
(@bear001)

Posted : 10/12/2023 4:43 pm

And what about trying PRP/PRF before stem cell treatment? It is much cheaper and it often helps with skin damage after laser, peels, etc. Everyone look at laser damage support FB group where many people succesfully used PRP/PRF for skn texture issues.

MemberMember
(@evewaddell)

Posted : 10/12/2023 4:51 pm

Posted by: @bear001

And what about trying PRP/PRF before stem cell treatment? It is much cheaper and it often helps with skin damage after laser, peels, etc. Everyone look at laser damage support FB group where many people succesfully used PRP/PRF for skn texture issues.

Can you tell me the exact name of the FB group and describe the profile picture of the group too? Theres several of the groups thats why Im asking for which one! 🙂 thanks!

MemberMember
(@evewaddell)

Posted : 10/12/2023 5:02 pm

Posted by: @sunshinemelody71

@evewaddell I fully sympathise with you and am so sorry you're going through this too - I damaged my skin barrier 3 years ago with the Paula's Choice 2% BHA and my skin still hasn't recovered. It's been an absolute nightmare. I have made progress thanks to some great estheticians but I just want my skin back to how it was before. My skin is so dehydrated, it feels tight every day, burns randomly like you mentioned, and flushes red around my mouth. I have kept coming back to this post as I was so reassured to see someone heal after so long. I am very interested to hear if you decide to go ahead with the treatment, and also what they advise for this situation

Hey! Im sorry youre going through this. Can you private message me?

MemberMember
(@bear001)

Posted : 10/12/2023 5:08 pm

@evewaddell here it is Facial Damage from Radiofrequency and Lasers Support Group

But maybe try also other groups as well. My damage/rosacea was caused also by harsh acne treatment and peel so our skin barrier is probably disrupted. Are you currently using some active ingredients (acids, retinol, etc) or only moisturizer? Also I have found one girl on youtube who thought had rosacea but it was disrupted skin barrier. The video is called "IT WAS NEVER ROSACEA".

There is also one guy who claims that healed rosacea with stem cell/PRP on rosaceagroup forum

This post was modified 7 months ago by Ishayat
MemberMember
(@evewaddell)

Posted : 10/12/2023 5:11 pm

@evewaddell here it is Facial Damage from Radiofrequency and Lasers Support Group

But maybe try also other groups as well. My damage/rosacea was caused also by harsh acne treatment and peel so our skin barrier is probably disrupted. Are you currently using some active ingredients (acids, retinol, etc) or only moisturizer? Also I have found one girl on youtube who thought had rosacea but it was disrupted skin barrier. The video is called "IT WAS NEVER ROSACEA".

There is also one guy who claims that healed rosacea with stem cell/PRP on rosaceagroup forum

Thank you so much for the link. Ill definitely join.
ugh, honestly I dont know if this is just a disrupted barrier. My burns so bad. Ive tried healing with all kinds of moisturizers. I havent done anything harsh since Ive started suffering. I dropped everything and Ive just been trying to heal it.. but everything BURNS AND HURTS my face. I mean everything! 🙁 even water. So I dont know what to think anymore . Its a living nightmare.

This post was modified 7 months ago by Ishayat
MemberMember
(@bear001)

Posted : 10/12/2023 5:23 pm

@evewaddell it is disrupted barrier.

Unfortunately I have also disrupted barrier and if I use something that irritate my skin (too much sulphur, too much sun) my skin pretty easily get red but if my skin is well hydrated is almost normal. Which moisturizer are you using? Great moisturizer for sensitive skin was Avene tolerance extreme emulsion but it has been discountinued and you can only but it from Ebay (uk version).

Can you list here your current routine? Are you using some "rosacea" related treatment? What have you tried so far? I think if you have not tried PRP or PRF definetely try it and you will see. Also some laser treatment as Vbeam can help but it can also make your skin worse so firstly try PRP/PRF. Rosacea or redness/sensitive skin can also occurs after accutane (look at reddit vbeam induced rosacea) or sun damage etc

MemberMember
(@bear001)

Posted : 10/12/2023 5:29 pm

@evewaddell BTW have you tried used destilled water or at least some water filter for washing face?

MemberMember
(@evewaddell)

Posted : 10/12/2023 5:29 pm

@evewaddell it is disrupted barrier.

Unfortunately I have also disrupted barrier and if I use something that irritate my skin (too much sulphur, too much sun) my skin pretty easily get red but if my skin is well hydrated is almost normal. Which moisturizer are you using? Great moisturizer for sensitive skin was Avene tolerance extreme emulsion but it has been discountinued and you can only but it from Ebay (uk version).

Can you list here your current routine? Are you using some "rosacea" related treatment? What have you tried so far? I think if you have not tried PRP or PRF definetely try it and you will see. Also some laser treatment as Vbeam can help but it can also make your skin worse so firstly try PRP/PRF. Rosacea or redness/sensitive skin can also occurs after accutane (look at reddit vbeam induced rosacea) or sun damage etc

My routine in AM; mist my face with filter water, and apply Dermaviduals High Classic moisturizer. It has only a few ingredients in it. Very simply. And thats it.

in the PM, I wash my wash with room temp filtered water, apply the moisturizer and use a small amount of Vaseline to lock in the moisture. Thats all Ive been doing for the past couple of weeks. My skin is still extremely dry, prickly, it looks grey almost, its bumpy, itches, burnsturns red exposed to heat, or when I am stressed. Im literally suffering mentally from this because its been going on for 10 months with no improvement. I havent tried lazy because I am very scared itll ruined my skin further.

MemberMember
(@bear001)

Posted : 10/12/2023 5:47 pm

@evewaddell ok your routine looks pretty fine. It seems that you have common disrupted barrier symptoms. Your skin is (ultra) sensitive, you are very easily flushing prone (as everyone with rosacea as rosacea in most cases is related to disrupted skin barrier) and also water causes some irritation.

Definetely try to find some experienced PRP or PRF provider (PRF is probably better but not so common as PRP) who is doing PRP regularly with injections (not with microneedling) before trying expensive treatment as stem cells. PRF also contains small amount of mesenchymal cells for fraction of stem cell costs.

And dont forget that with any skin issue you have to be patient. Sometimes skin barrier damage take few months to resolve.

MemberMember
(@evewaddell)

Posted : 10/12/2023 6:28 pm

@evewaddell ok your routine looks pretty fine. It seems that you have common disrupted barrier symptoms. Your skin is (ultra) sensitive, you are very easily flushing prone (as everyone with rosacea as rosacea in most cases is related to disrupted skin barrier) and also water causes some irritation.

Definetely try to find some experienced PRP or PRF provider (PRF is probably better but not so common as PRP) who is doing PRP regularly with injections (not with microneedling) before trying expensive treatment as stem cells. PRF also contains small amount of mesenchymal cells for fraction of stem cell costs.

And dont forget that with any skin issue you have to be patient. Sometimes skin barrier damage take few months to resolve.

Thank you ! Yeah its very simple but the problem is I dont see any improvement and its going to be a year in January.

Ill def check that out and research more on that subject. I wish the girl that visited Ukraine would message us back. I would love to hear if her skin has fully healed.

MemberMember
(@bear001)

Posted : 10/12/2023 6:37 pm

@evewaddell I know, but if you look at some laser damage support forum (laser, peel or retin/tretinoi damage is almost same) many people have not seen any improvement for few months after damage. Therefore PRP/PRF can speed up healing process.

After joining that FB group just find some PRP/PRF posts and you will see that almost everyone who had some skin texture/sensitivity after laser damage are very satisfied with PRP/PRF. Stem cells is not so common as it quite pricey (as far as I know stem cells can const up to 20 K while few PRP/PRF sessions cost rougly 1 K ) but I am sure that you dont need to go to the Ukraine to get stem cell treatment. There are many clinics in Europe or in US that regularly doing stem cells treatment.

MemberMember
(@sunshinemelody71)

Posted : 10/13/2023 3:42 am

@lmbrad I'm so sorry you're going through this as well. I know how you feel 100%. At this early stage for you I'd recommend only wash in PM with filtered water and a milk cleanser (in AM you can just use filtered water on its own), and only using very light hand movements. The gamechanger product for me was Osmosis MD Rescue Epidermal Repair - it's not cheap at just over $100 but if you can, I highly recommend. You only need a small amount before using your moisturiser (something barrier repairing). It won't necessarily fix everything, but for me, the rough sandpaper texture I'd had for 2 years was 90% improved in 3 weeks.

I'm still trying every day to find a solution to fully heal the rest (tightness, burning, flushing) but hopefully we will all figure it out 🙂

Lmbrad liked
MemberMember
(@bear001)

Posted : 10/13/2023 8:29 am

@evewaddell anyway do you feel that the moisturizer you are using is causing some irritation? If do, maybe try the Avene Tolerance Extreme Emulsion but as I have mentioned it has been discountinued so you can buy it only on ebay. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=avene+tolerance+extreme+emulsion&_sacat=0

From my experience it is probably the best moisturizer for extremely sensitive skin if I compare it to Vaniccream, Cerave, La Roche, Bioderma, etc.

This post was modified 7 months ago by bear001
MemberMember
(@evewaddell)

Posted : 10/13/2023 9:01 am

@evewaddell anyway do you feel that the moisturizer you are using is causing some irritation? If do, maybe try the Avene Tolerance Extreme Emulsion but as I have mentioned it has been discountinued so you can buy it only on ebay. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=avene+tolerance+extreme+emulsion&_sacat=0

From my experience it is probably the best moisturizer for extremely sensitive skin if I compare it to Vaniccream, Cerave, La Roche, Bioderma, etc.

1. Dermaviduals is one of the best moisturizers out there. It has the least ingredients. So I dont think its causing irritation. I think my barrier is so ruined that my nerves are reacting to anything at this point. I have tried Vanicream, Nivea, La Roche posay, all of the Korean skin care creams that are for designed for sensitive skin. I can guarantee that the avene will irritate also. 🙁
MemberMember
(@lmbrad)

Posted : 10/13/2023 12:17 pm

@lmbrad I'm so sorry you're going through this as well. I know how you feel 100%. At this early stage for you I'd recommend only wash in PM with filtered water and a milk cleanser (in AM you can just use filtered water on its own), and only using very light hand movements. The gamechanger product for me was Osmosis MD Rescue Epidermal Repair - it's not cheap at just over $100 but if you can, I highly recommend. You only need a small amount before using your moisturiser (something barrier repairing). It won't necessarily fix everything, but for me, the rough sandpaper texture I'd had for 2 years was 90% improved in 3 weeks.

I'm still trying every day to find a solution to fully heal the rest (tightness, burning, flushing) but hopefully we will all figure it out 🙂

MemberMember
(@lmbrad)

Posted : 10/13/2023 12:29 pm

Posted by: @Lmbrad

Thank you for the reply. Im sorry youre going through this too, Its just awful.I did a couple of days of putting nothing on my face which i saw has worked for others but that made my skin so rough and dry. Ive also tried using emu oil but my skin didnt seem to like that and a cream with 5% urea which was also recommended. I cant remember if this has already been mentioned on this thread about the person who swore by washing her face with raw Manuka honey and moisturising with emu oil. But it does sound like the stem cell treatment person l has tried all of the suggestions in multiple threads over the last 6 years and nothing seemed to work.
Im going to go back to super basic with eating healthy, only drinking water and green tea and taking some supplements Ive seen have worked for others (fish oil, zinc, Neocell marine collagen, hyaluronic acid).
Even if I can see a little progress so I know something is working Ill be happy.

MemberMember
(@lmbrad)

Posted : 10/13/2023 1:00 pm

Thank you for the reply. Im sorry youre going through this too, Its just awful.I did a couple of days of putting nothing on my face which i saw has worked for others but that made my skin so rough and dry. Ive also tried using emu oil but my skin didnt seem to like that and a cream with 5% urea which was also recommended. I cant remember if this has already been mentioned on this thread about the person who swore by washing her face with raw Manuka honey and moisturising with emu oil. But it does sound like the stem cell treatment person l has tried all of the suggestions in multiple threads over the last 6 years and nothing seemed to work.
Im going to go back to super basic with eating healthy, only drinking water and green tea and taking some supplements Ive seen have worked for others (fish oil, zinc, Neocell marine collagen, hyaluronic acid).
Even if I can see a little progress so I know something is working Ill be happy.

MemberMember
(@lmbrad)

Posted : 10/13/2023 1:02 pm

Hi again, could you please share with me what your skin issues are? Just looked up the product you recommended and wowee, $300NZD. My main concern is my very enlarged pores from using Tretinoin. Wondering if itll help with that?
Thank you 🙂

MemberMember
(@sunshinemelody71)

Posted : 10/13/2023 2:58 pm

@lmbrad Hey no worries, so I have most of the symptoms of a damaged skin barrier - tightness, flushing, burning sensation (for a long time at the start I also had lots of acne breakouts, a waxy texture, 'thin' feeling skin, rough sandpaper texture etc). I actually looked up the product today to order my next bottle and they seem to be making some changes by having two different formulas which is so annoying. The one that has worked for me is now called Osmosis MD Advanced (in a black bottle). Yes, pores is one of the things it's supposed to improve 🙂 I'd say if you're considering any kind of treatments it's worth trying this product first to see how far it takes you

Lmbrad liked
MemberMember
(@mazo)

Posted : 10/18/2023 8:33 am

Haven't posted in that brokenporcelain thread in a while but since this thread is active, some things I've been doing that have been helping heal from retinoid damage:

Red light therapy/Ketovore Diet + IF + weekly 72 hr fast/moisturizers/cold showers/supplements (Injuv/omega 3/collagen/etc...)

When my skin was burning, I used emu oil, and squalane with success.

The burning is gone, so now I'm just using eucerin 5% urea, and cosrx snail essence. I also use MCT oil but I have seb derm (100% from the retinoid damage, no one in my entire family has this bs).

I'll probably do a big write up in the other thread soon.

This post was modified 7 months ago by Mazo
MemberMember
(@bear001)

Posted : 11/11/2023 8:24 am

@yola4 new update?

MemberMember
(@bear001)

Posted : 11/11/2023 11:03 am

@evewaddell do you mean by bumpy texture little inflamed bumps filled with keratin? Have you been diagnosed after damage with keratosis pilaris?

MemberMember
(@bear001)

Posted : 11/11/2023 11:04 am

is there someone who is willing to try stem cells? I have found only 3 case (so far). The first one is yola, second one is one guy from rosaceagroup and third one is someone mentioned in laser damage group on facebook. All of them were satisfied but unfortunately it is quite pricey. One session cost cca 9 K euro,

MemberMember
(@evewaddell)

Posted : 11/13/2023 3:19 pm

@bear001 hi! Yes Im going to Kiev Ukraine on 19th November. Having exact treatment that Yola had done. Ill keep you guys updated!!!

Lmbrad liked
MemberMember
(@yola4)

Posted : 11/13/2023 11:05 pm

@yola4 new update?

hey! My retin a damage is healed after over 6 years of dealing with it and trying so many lotions and creams and oils and treatments. But I had to resort to stem cell treatments in Europe. I had one treatment done in December of last year and still one more to go when I can get the time away from work. The treatment heals the skin damage by repairing the moisture barrier prior to this my skin wasnt able to retain any moisture which was making the damage look even worse. I dont have any damage left nor do I have any issues with burning sensations. I really hope the rest of you can heal too. I know what a true nightmare this ordeal was and how extremely expensive it was for me to fix (I wont get into that) but I read so many stories of those who had not healed in many years and I knew I had to take matters into my own hands and do something drastic.