Notifications
Clear all

Breaking Out 3 Weeks Post Accutane

MemberMember
(@nl11)

Posted : 07/06/2017 11:21 am

I just finished a 5 month course of accutane 50mg per day and I was clear for the last two months of my treatment however now I'm freaking out because as of the second week after I stopped, I started breaking out again. The first few breakouts were just little dots that went away in a day but today I woke up with one of those wide red spots you get under the skin. Accutane is supposed to stay in your system for a month after so I don't even get how this is possible it's only been 3 weeks since I stopped.

Does anyone know how long after stopping accutane you can go back on? I might ask my derm if I can go on 80-100 mg per day for a longer course, even though I was clear for months 4 and 5.

MemberMember
(@maisie89)

Posted : 07/07/2017 2:16 am

Hi nl11. I too broke out a few weeks after I did a course and ended up doing a second course exactly 3 months after I stopped the first course. My second course was longer then my first. Are you male of female?

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 07/07/2017 11:05 am

23 hours ago, nl11 said:

I just finished a 5 month course of accutane 50mg per day and I was clear for the last two months of my treatment however now I'm freaking out because as of the second week after I stopped, I started breaking out again. The first few breakouts were just little dots that went away in a day but today I woke up with one of those wide red spots you get under the skin. Accutane is supposed to stay in your system for a month after so I don't even get how this is possible it's only been 3 weeks since I stopped.

Does anyone know how long after stopping accutane you can go back on? I might ask my derm if I can go on 80-100 mg per day for a longer course, even though I was clear for months 4 and 5.

your derm didnt give you a topical retinoid or something as maintenance because you maybe breaking out as the body is getting used to not being on accutane, you should call your derm

MemberMember
(@nl11)

Posted : 07/10/2017 1:10 am

On 2017-07-07 at 3:16 AM, Maisie89 said:

Hi nl11. I too broke out a few weeks after I did a course and ended up doing a second course exactly 3 months after I stopped the first course. My second course was longer then my first. Are you male of female?

Male, 19 years old, 150lbs and I'm leaving for college in September so the thought of going on another course makes me so upset I still have scars and hyperpigmentation from my first course.