Notifications
Clear all

Some questions about differin gel

MemberMember
(@saucynewel)

Posted : 12/14/2016 8:20 pm

I have moderate acne and was prescribed 0.1 differin gel and minicycline by my doctor. I'm just starting my fifth week and the acne has only gotten worse. I don't get big pimples anymore but I have TONS of tiny bumps all over my face. Anyone had a similar experience?? Also is it true it will get worse before it gets better?

MemberMember
(@ihateusernamesx)

Posted : 12/17/2016 8:05 pm

Hey, I have been using Differin for a year and a half and I also experienced what felt like millions of tiny bumps a short while into my treatment. Some of these came to be whiteheads, some became papules and some magically just disappeared. Although, in the end, they all went away which is the most important part. Differin in the beginning is very tough from my experience but it has been completely worth it fir me. For the best part of a year I have been what I would call 98% clear - I get one pimple a month at the most. Hope this eases your mind a little and good luck!

MemberMember
(@saucynewel)

Posted : 12/21/2016 4:14 pm

Thank you for the reply! Did you experience any redness with differin? And if so did it go away?

MemberMember
(@steph93rc)

Posted : 12/21/2016 5:10 pm

I used differin and it actually caused my skin to become very dry and gave me eczema which I never experienced before in my life so I stopped using it after a few weeks of continuing to use it despite the noticable adverse effects; it failed to clear my acne, gave me eczema which was red and painful, and my skin got very oily in some places and very dry and sore in others. After giving up on that I was put on minocycline, 2 weeks so far and I haven't found that it is clearing my face and actually have began to get a couple cystic pimples since beginning taking it. I started with 50mg once a day during the first week which didn't help at all so then I had the dosage increased to 50mg twice a day, and still not helping. I'm using clindoxyl cream (contains benzoyl peroxide and clindamycin) along with the minocycline antibiotic but still my skin is not responding and continuing to produce new pimples every day or two, but I'm continuing with the minocycline and clindoxyl anyway hoping my skin will suddenly decide to start clearing up some day soon. I also have an iud which contains the progestin hormone and could possibly be why my skin is constantly breaking out as well. I'm getting the iud removed in two months, and in a month I might try a laser treatment. My experience has been very difficult and complicated but I hope yours is much easier and that you find something that works for you. Wishing you the best in your journey to clear skin.