Notifications
Clear all

DUAC BP 5% Clindamycin1%

MemberMember
(@applepie10)

Posted : 10/30/2016 3:59 pm

Hey I have been using Clindamycin 1% with bp5% for a MONTH and At first I had a lot of itching irritation redness but now I dont have any irritation/burning but i still have redness on the affected area ...
I am just so effing confused and depressed since it makes me feel worse about my skin 
but the treatment works really good!!!
PLEASE REPLY!
Ive uploaded a photo too and all of these are red marks there is not a single pimple but im worried about the redness i still have

IMG_2322.PNG

MemberMember
(@cosmin-mihai)

Posted : 10/30/2016 6:24 pm

It Takes time to get used to it. I didn t have much of a problem with it But it Didn t clear me out.. So good Luck!

MemberMember
(@kelbell812)

Posted : 10/31/2016 7:38 am

What else are you using on your skin? When I started on Clinda/Benz I had to tone down my skincare routine to accommodate for the dryness & sensitivity caused by the cream. I switched to a gentle, hydrating cleanser & I didn't use any other products containing Benzoyl Peroxide or Salicylic acid for awhile. Make sure you aren't using products that are too harsh because they could be reacting to the topical cream and making your skin red.

MemberMember
(@applepie10)

Posted : 10/31/2016 8:22 pm

12 hours ago, kelbell812 said:

What else are you using on your skin? When I started on Clinda/Benz I had to tone down my skincare routine to accommodate for the dryness & sensitivity caused by the cream. I switched to a gentle, hydrating cleanser & I didn't use any other products containing Benzoyl Peroxide or Salicylic acid for awhile. Make sure you aren't using products that are too harsh because they could be reacting to the topical cream and making your skin red.

Well im taking doxycycline and using aveeno facewash...
thats ittt but my face wash has 2% salycic acid in it

MemberMember
(@kelbell812)

Posted : 11/01/2016 7:08 am

The cleanser should be fine, since it's not being left on your skin for long. Are you using a good moisturizer?

MemberMember
(@applepie10)

Posted : 11/01/2016 6:45 pm

11 hours ago, kelbell812 said:

The cleanser should be fine, since it's not being left on your skin for long. Are you using a good moisturizer?

My skin is kinda oily so i dont use moisturizers to avoid breakouts
hehe

MemberMember
(@kathi)

Posted : 11/04/2016 11:17 am

Clindamycin did NOTHING for me, Duac was ok but nothing special. None of these things will magically clear your skin. If you want to get rid of the red marks you should use one of the AHA creams. (Noviderm Boreade LP did wonders for me)