Notifications
Clear all

Questions regarding breakout after drinking ++

MemberMember
(@ee1996)

Posted : 10/30/2016 3:34 pm

Hi.
Ive been on accutane for 9 weeks, whereas the first six weeks were horrible and the last three quite okey.
Three nights ago I went out and I drank way to much, and I fell asleep with my makeup on (something I NEVER do no matter what)... I know its bad but I thought that since I have not had one drink in over two months it would be okey. Anyways, when I woke up the next morning my skin was breaking out like crazy. New pimples, both small and cystic, are popping up everywhere and I dont know what to do!
Could this be another IB or do you think it has something to do with the alcohol/sleeping with makeup?
And also, will this really affect my overall results in a negative way or will the medication still work its magic? Im so afraid that Ive ruined everything :(

I also have another question; red marks from all the acne popping out of my skin seem to fade away much more slow then they used to when i was off accutane. Is this normal? And will they eventually fade away?

Thank you so much :) 

MemberMember
(@girlquestion)

Posted : 10/30/2016 10:26 pm

Hey! 

I'm on 20 mg/ day, my makeup makes my skin even worse so sleeping with make up probably would have caused the break out. I have also noticed that when i drink it is worse too. so i am not drinking anymore, going to see how that goes :) 

You haven't ruined anything! i think this is a cyclical thing. My dad was on it and he said his was in waves too - periods of good skin and then a breakout. It will depend hormonally too! 

relax im sure its all working :) 

MemberMember
(@ee1996)

Posted : 10/31/2016 4:50 am

Thank you so much "girlquestion", this calmed me down From now on I will do as you, no alcohol!