Notifications
Clear all

Considered cleared? (Photo)

MemberMember
(@backz)

Posted : 10/12/2016 10:30 pm

Hi there, would sincerely appreciate if anyone could advise on my condition after taking 16 weeks of 10mg isotretinoin + 500mg erythromycin. 

Is this considered cleared? Red marks are here to stay for long? On an average when can i expect the ugly red marks/scar to fade 100%? 

Thanks! 

Right side:
20161012_190612.jpg

Left side:
Screenshot_2016-10-12-19-45-59.png

MemberMember
(@zaaacdy)

Posted : 10/12/2016 11:13 pm

Well, they're all flat. So, i'll say yes youre cleared. But, still expect some pimples to form every now and then coz your dose is too low. As for the red marks, they will fade in time, 6 mos average. Dont forget to wear sunscreen to prevent them from getting darker.

MemberMember
(@backz)

Posted : 10/13/2016 1:50 am

2 hours ago, Zaaacdy said:

Well, they're all flat. So, i'll say yes youre cleared. But, still expect some pimples to form every now and then coz your dose is too low. As for the red marks, they will fade in time, 6 mos average. Dont forget to wear sunscreen to prevent them from getting darker.

Thanks Zaaacdy! Derm did not asked to put on sunscreen. Any sunscreen recommendation that would unlikely to trigger breakout?

MemberMember
(@zaaacdy)

Posted : 10/13/2016 2:39 am

46 minutes ago, Backz said:
3 hours ago, Zaaacdy said:

Thanks Zaaacdy! Derm did not asked to put on sunscreen. Any sunscreen recommendation that would unlikely to trigger breakout?

Sunscreen is a very important part of a skincare regimen especially when youre on accutane as it makes your skin thinner and photosensitive. I'm suprised your derm didnt ask you to put some.

Sorry, I dont have any recommendation for you. The sunscreen Im using was just given by my derm and it has no name. lol

You can start a new thread on the OTC products and treatment thread re sunscreen.

MemberMember
(@backz)

Posted : 10/13/2016 2:45 am

4 minutes ago, Zaaacdy said:
Sunscreen is a very important part of a skincare regimen especially when youre on accutane as it makes your skin thinner and photosensitive. I'm suprised your derm didnt ask you to put some.

Sorry, I dont have any recommendation for you. The sunscreen Im using was just given by my derm and it has no name. lol

You can start a new thread on the OTC products and treatment thread re sunscreen.

haha, alright! Thanks again...i was about to loose hope with this ugly acne...