Notifications
Clear all

Tretinoin and pore size

MemberMember
(@rachelscarlettt)

Posted : 10/03/2016 11:04 am

I have been using Tretinoin cream 0.025%, a pea sized amount, every third night for about a month now and in the past week my pores have become larger. I never had poreless skin, but they weren't very noticeable or big,but in the past couple of days I can feel the enlarged pores around my nose, if that even makes sense. I was also able to wear a light powder that would leave my skin with a virtually poreless appearance, but now when I put my makeup on I feel that it just magnifies my pores. I started using tretinoin because I had some mild breakouts, hyperpigmentation and I also heard that it will shrink your pores. I didn't have bad pores to begin with, but after doing some research into it I see people on the internet saying that they also saw enlarged pores while using tretinoin. Basically what I want to know is if this is just a phase that will pass and my pores will go back to their normal size with longer term use or should I stop completely. And if I stop completely will my pores go back to their normal size? Does anyone have experience withusing tretinoin long term and did your pores appear larger when you first started, but went back to their normal size in time? I've never been very confident in my skin, but at least I didn't have to worry about having these huge pores and its draining the little confidence I had to begin with. I just need an answer as to what direction I should take next.

MemberMember
(@brokenporecelain)

Posted : 10/22/2016 9:26 pm

Ugh..sorry to say but I am
also dealing with the pore issue after retinoid use (and I did actually have poreless skin :///) as well as many other symptoms and I have seen no improvement 2 months after using it..(only twice)

you can look at my post "Taz destroyed my face" if you want to know more..I'm just making the rounds now, trying to connect with others to find hope, or at the very least, warn people before they use this deadly topical