Notifications
Clear all

Accutane Doctor In NYC Area, for Mild Chronic Adult Acne?

MemberMember
(@derek-c)

Posted : 09/05/2016 5:50 pm

Hi All,

I have mild-moderate, but chronic adult acne, and very oily skin. I always have at least a few pimples, and the occasional cyst. I've been on pretty much every topical and antibiotic. I think it might be time to try accutane.

Can anyone recommend a good doctor in the NYC area? Perhaps if you are/were in a similar boat (adult, mild but consistent acne) and had a good experience with a doctor? I know theres all kinds of issues with low dose vs high dose, for people with mild acne, so a dermatologist sensitive to these issues would be great.

Thanks a lot!

MemberMember
(@umas)

Posted : 09/06/2016 3:45 am

Did you try other things than topical and antibiotics? Accutane is serious drug, it was meant for severe cases of acne. I would recommend trying light therapy/ changes in diet/ changing pillow cases very often and Dan regime or something similiar before going for accutane.

MemberMember
(@derek-c)

Posted : 09/07/2016 12:44 am

I've tried it all...literally it all. Diet, fasts, purges, Dan, antibiotics, practically every topical in varying strengths. Right now I'm just so fed up w using topicals, trying to find the right combo, that I just stopped them all together...and ofcourse Im breaking out worse, but my skin w/out pimples looks better...less irritated. I've been on topicals for 18 fucking years.

An now I've started getting sebacious hyperplasias, which are like clogged bumbs that DONT GO AWAY. I've had them burned off but they just come back. I'm at my wits end. When I had worse acne in my early 20s my doc suggested accutane, but i was too scared. I'm 34 now, so this is not a decision I'm taking lightly.

Anyone know a good doc in the NYC area that is knowledgable about accutane for people like me?

MemberMember
(@derek-c)

Posted : 09/13/2016 1:50 am

Can anyone make a recommendation? Thanks!!