Notifications
Clear all

How common/un-common is hairloss on accutane?

MemberMember
(@jakesta)

Posted : 09/05/2016 9:02 am

Hi, I'm a 21 year old male who has been told i might need to go on accutane. A big issue to me is losing hair on my head. How common is it exactly that you lose hair on your head due to accutane? (% wise) and what is the % of it being permanent and not growing back after treatment has finished?

I thought I saw a chart a few years back but i cant find it anymore.

If anyone has facts on this it would be really helpful, all I seem to read on this forum is that most people say they've lost a lot of their hair, but I remember the stats being low.. why is hthis?

MemberMember
(@pgarcia)

Posted : 09/09/2016 4:48 pm

Following. That my #1 concern. I start my accutane today and worried my hair will fallout . And I don't have thick hair to begin with.

MemberMember
(@abi72)

Posted : 09/10/2016 3:40 am

10 hours ago, pgarcia said:

Following. That my #1 concern. I start my accutane today and worried my hair will fallout . And I don't have thick hair to begin with.

Please research fully and look at topic 'repairing longterm damage from accutane' Just don't make the mistake of thinking that any side effects you may suffer will simply disappear when you stop taking accutane. Make sure you research posible fertility problems in the future. This is a very serious drug. I have heard many say that they never regain much of their lost hair. Please just be informed. Good luck