Notifications
Clear all

Clindamycin (Topical) & Blackheads?

MemberMember
(@kelbell812)

Posted : 07/19/2016 7:31 am

I was recently prescribed a Clindamycin/Benzoyl Peroxide topical cream mixture for my acne, which is mainly located along my cheeks and jawline. However, I have a LOT of blackheads and clogged pores on my nose (my nose is covered in tiny flesh colored bumps) and was wondering if it would help with that?

MemberMember
(@honeyhon)

Posted : 08/04/2016 9:25 am

my doc prescribed me the same....
is it working for uh?

MemberMember
(@kelbell812)

Posted : 08/04/2016 12:45 pm

I haven't really been applying it to my nose, just my cheeks where my actual acne/scars is. But yes it is helping! The scars are slowly fading and my skin is getting smoother. But it's only fair to say that I think the biggest improvement has been because I started birth control 3 months ago. My doc just decided that adding in a topical on top of the oral BC would be a good idea to help speed up the process and attack the problem both ways. I'm not sure how it would work on its own. Have you been perscribed an oral med as well?

MemberMember
(@honeyhon)

Posted : 08/07/2016 10:47 am

On 8/4/2016 at 11:15 PM, kelbell812 said:

Have you been perscribed an oral med as well?

no just the topical clindamycin...
and i think its working for my whiteheads but not for my blackheads :(  but then its too soon to say anything...

MemberMember
(@umas)

Posted : 08/07/2016 12:12 pm

Antibiotics will not work for blackheads. You need topical retinoid for those(or something else like cosmetic procedures I don't know how they are called in english)

honeyhon liked
MemberMember
(@kelbell812)

Posted : 08/08/2016 6:52 am

20 hours ago, honeyhon said:
no just the topical clindamycin...
and i think its working for my whiteheads but not for my blackheads :(  but then its too soon to say anything...

Yeah, blackheads are tough! I'm not as concerned about them as the rest of my acne, because I'd rather have blackheads than cystic acne/whiteheads, but they are still very annoying. They are all over my nose. I haven't noticed too much of a difference with them, but it has helped with my marks/bumps from my regular acne.