Notifications
Clear all

5 Weeks In, Still Breaking Out/Purging

MemberMember
(@bulletinaction)

Posted : 07/14/2016 10:05 pm

Hi all, I went to the Dermatologist on 6/13 and was prescribed Epiduo and Minocycline. So far, zero improvements. While I did clear up for a little bit, I think it was just the placebo affect. My skin is worse than what I started with. Is it normal to be still breaking out/purging 5 weeks in? Zero side effects or burning from both products. Am I wasting my time or should I give it more time?

MemberMember
(@banban)

Posted : 07/14/2016 10:56 pm

You might need to give it more time. Just stay strong. On personal experience epiduo didnt help me at all. Atm im coming up on 3 months with tretinoin with slight improvement. Gonna stick with it till 6 months. All in all you gotta stick out on the treatments so you know if it works or not. It sucks but yeah :( 

MemberMember
(@bulletinaction)

Posted : 07/16/2016 2:02 pm

On 7/14/2016 at 11:56 PM, banban said:

You might need to give it more time. Just stay strong. On personal experience epiduo didnt help me at all. Atm im coming up on 3 months with tretinoin with slight improvement. Gonna stick with it till 6 months. All in all you gotta stick out on the treatments so you know if it works or not. It sucks but yeah :( 

:( I'll see if Month 2 is better. Hoping for the best!

banban liked
MemberMember
(@k002)

Posted : 08/17/2017 8:33 am

Having a similar experience....5 weeks of using and breakout is much worse than when started. I am wondering how it turned out for you. Did you stick with it and did it end up helping?

MemberMember
(@justme7)

Posted : 08/18/2017 5:14 pm

Epiduo also didn't help me much either. I didn't experience an IB nor did I experience drying or irritated skin. All it did for me was make my skin really oily but that could be due to the fact it was unclogging my pores I'm not sure. I used it for 3 months with no real effect at all. If you don't see improvement in 3 months your derm will try something else so stick it out. I wish I could give you more insight on when your IB will pass :/