Notifications
Clear all

Starting roaccutane

MemberMember
(@emmapriya190114)

Posted : 07/12/2016 2:51 pm

Hi
feel so strange but I need advice from people that have have the medication. I start my roaccutane tomorrow I'm so nervous about my hair falling out, becoming depressed and my skin getting worse! I'm so conscious of my spots I avoid going out on a breakout... Please help with advice and tell me your stories

MemberMember
(@humanecyclone)

Posted : 07/14/2016 9:21 pm

First off, worrying about the issues only will make things worse. They don't call stress the silent killer for nothing :P.

Although I don't agree with going the Accutane route (took it myself and didn't have the most pleasant experience, but I was put on quite a high dose of 70mg), I do understand why people want to go on it. A tip of mine would be to make sure to pay very close attention to your body and of any changes that may happen. Keeping a log may help with this, but if something starts changing (eyes becoming drier, hair starts falling out, etc.), make sure to bring it up with your derm and possibly ask for a lower dose and see if that changes anything. Also try to eat as healthily as you can. Accutane puts a lot of stress on your body and helping it in any way will greatly reduce the chances of unwanted side effects.

Good luck with your journey!