Notifications
Clear all

Post Accutane Breakout - Help me, please

MemberMember
(@kizarny)

Posted : 06/25/2016 12:13 pm

I finished 9 months Accutane course 2 days ago (40mg/day). I was pretty clear, but now I got clogged pores/whiteheads (dunno) all over my cheeks. I am so worried that all my patience with Accutane didn't matter, and it will be the same this time, maybe even worse than before tane. Please, tell me what can I do, because I guess those clogged pores/whiteheads won't go away on their own?

MemberMember
(@kari1987)

Posted : 06/25/2016 12:19 pm

I hate to hear this 🙁 wish I could be more helpful, but after 11 months of accutane my clear skin only lasted a year before coming back with a vengeance. If Accutane isn't helping, you should probably try something different... *hugs*

MemberMember
(@invisiblenetrix)

Posted : 06/25/2016 12:25 pm

wow. so u started breaking out 2 days after finishing ur course?

Might want to try the holistic and diet approach and find out what your triggers are.

MemberMember
(@kizarny)

Posted : 06/25/2016 12:44 pm

There are no pimples... yet, because I guess sooner or later from those clogged pores something will come out :( I eat very healthy from Accutane treatment and all I do with my face is washing it with micellar water.

Do clogged pores always turn into pimples and leave red marks or and scars or sometimes they come out "nicely"?

MemberMember
(@kizarny)

Posted : 06/25/2016 6:14 pm

Can I use a retinoid a week after Accutane?

MemberMember
(@kizarny)

Posted : 06/26/2016 5:32 am

bump

MemberMember
(@invisiblenetrix)

Posted : 06/26/2016 5:38 am

I've read some peoples face returns back to their oily self like pre accutane but minus the break out. So I wouldn't worry so much. Accutane is supposed to last a further 3 - 6 months after you finish its course according to the drug companies who make them.

Clogged pores don't always turn into pimples. My nose is full of clogged pores which I can squeeze out every 6 hours. But thank god I never break out on it.

MemberMember
(@kizarny)

Posted : 06/26/2016 8:19 am

Thank God, but I was really happy with my face without any whiteheads which were the main problem for me. Now I feel like my Accutane course was pointless and that some day my acne will come back. That's why I want to use Atrederm - it's a Tretinoinum, I've read a lot blogs about it and it seems like Atrederm is magic for clogged pores. But I don't know if I can since our skin is still vety sensitive after Accutane and Atrederm is a retinoid which brings you flaky skin and dryness. I don't want to wait a month or sth and watch how my face turns into shit again.

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 06/26/2016 11:36 am

3 hours ago, Kizarny said:

Thank God, but I was really happy with my face without any whiteheads which were the main problem for me. Now I feel like my Accutane course was pointless and that some day my acne will come back. That's why I want to use Atrederm - it's a Tretinoinum, I've read a lot blogs about it and it seems like Atrederm is magic for clogged pores. But I don't know if I can since our skin is still vety sensitive after Accutane and Atrederm is a retinoid which brings you flaky skin and dryness. I don't want to wait a month or sth and watch how my face turns into shit again.

ask your derm what percentage of retinol to start with.