Notifications
Clear all

Accutane & Blackheads/clogged pores

MemberMember
(@mknala)

Posted : 05/22/2016 10:38 am

I am about to start my 6 month course of 40mg accutane. I'm looking forward to hopefully less breakouts but does accutane clear up blackheads/clogged pores?
I have years worth of build up all over my face (masks/cleansers never seemed to work) so was curious if accutane helps this too? If not, anyone have any tips I can try doing before or during my accutane course?

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@maggie1989)

Posted : 05/23/2016 6:52 am

I actually have a similar question. Ive been on Accutane for 70 days now(1st month on 20 mg, 2nd month on 40 mg and I'll beon 40 mg in my 3rd month)Allblackheads on my nose have already disappeared but I still have blackheads on my forehead left.

Its actually my fault that I got them in a first place. I used to go to the gym and I would put a black hair band to keep my hair in one place. Unfortunately it would cover a part of my forehead. How stupid I was. Anyway, they are really deep. I have tried everything to get rid of them before I started Accutaneretin a, microdermabrasion, manual removal by a beautician..nothing have worked.

Im praying for them to disappear L

Anyone had any luck with deep blackheads disappearing while on Accutane?

MemberMember
(@mknala)

Posted : 05/23/2016 7:10 pm

let's hope someone has some ideas!