Notifications
Clear all

Accutane & Coconut Oil

MemberMember
(@jadsey)

Posted : 05/11/2016 11:28 am

Hey guys. I have been on Accutane for about 1 week and 2 days, and I was wondering if I can use coconut oil on my face while being on Accutane? I know the accutane makes your face super dry, and I know coconut oil is very good for your skin, so I thought I should use both to speed up the process of getting a clear skin, is this something you guys recommend, or should I let my face stay dry with nothing on it?

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 05/12/2016 4:29 am

Coconut oil is one of the most comedogenic oils out there...I really woulnd't recommend it. Just stick to a gentle face wash and moisturiser (cerave or cetaphil) and you're good to go.

Dell10000 liked
MemberMember
(@kelbell812)

Posted : 05/12/2016 7:20 am

If you want to incorporate an oil into your routine, I would try a less-comedogenic oil first! Coconut oil is risky because it can work wonders for some people but it can be a horror show for others. I personally use Jojoba oil because it is the only oil that closely resembles human sebum - I add a few drops to my moisturizer at night. It has helped a lot with my skin! There are a lot of other good oils out there too that I haven't tried like hemp seed & grape seed oil. You can pretty much get any of these at any drug or food store. I got my Jojoba at Shaw's grocery store.

MemberMember
(@dell10000)

Posted : 05/12/2016 8:27 am

Coconut oil is good for some people but not for everyone. I used to use coconut oil myself but I stopped. It produced acne in me because my skin is very oily. I suggest you research non-comedogenic facial oils. Coconut Oil is comedogenic, meaning it's ability to clog pores is likely.