Notifications
Clear all

Birth control bringing acne back?

MemberMember
(@edie)

Posted : 04/18/2016 6:32 pm

At the end of 2014 and beginning of 2015 I went on accutane and it was absolute hell for 4 months. I finished it in March and had absolutely beautiful skin for 11 months, only minor breakouts, and a zit or two around the time of my period. I started using tri cyclen (birth control) in February 2016and since then my acne has tripled, I am on my third pack. I get a new breakout a day and have a swarm of them on my forehead. I used to be able to control them with cream or so but lately that hasn't been working. I went to the doctors last week and got switched to tri cyclen lo, to see if that would help but it doesn't seem to at all. I'm very self conscious about my face and if I have to go on accutane again I will be more than upset- someone please tell me it gets better after a few months of starting birth control and this isn't permanent. :( 

MemberMember
(@mvd_)

Posted : 04/20/2016 4:47 am

Honestly I tried to stay away from any pills that will have some time of effect on my hormones, I tried birth control and I hated it the symptoms were horrible and I started to breakout so I just stopped. If you have to take them for some time of reason I can't tell you that it will get better as time go by, but maybe your body just rejects birth control pills. Maybe just try accutane and cut out the pills try the shot or something else, condoms? I have also heard that once you get off the pill it gets worse for some people so maybe keeping on taking pills to see wether or not it will help maybe in the long run once you want to stop may be worse.