Notifications
Clear all

Initial breakout on Yasmin??

MemberMember
(@tasha_14)

Posted : 04/18/2016 12:54 pm

Just finished my second pack of Yasmin and am in the break week, however my forehead has suddenly become really rough feeling and I've noticed small bumps all over it (although only visible in certain lighting)

Some of them have turned into whiteheads, others have been there for a few weeks now and don't seem to be disappearing...

wondered if anyone else has experienced this and if it's just an initial breakout and will subside? The fact that the bumps seem more like clogged pores than actual spots is giving me doubts about Yasmin

MemberMember
(@viseslav-tonkovic-capin)

Posted : 04/18/2016 2:59 pm

The most common cause of clogged pores on forehead is use of leave-on hairstyling products. Therefore make sure to wash your forehead after applying hair spray or any leave-on hairstyling gel. But Yasmin should help with acne in the majority of users; however, in rare situations it can actually worsen them.Hope this helps.

Best!

Vise

MemberMember
(@chloe123)

Posted : 04/18/2016 6:37 pm

It takes 3-5 months for Yasmin to start showing results, and alot of people get an 'initial breakout' where their acne increases. Im ending my second pack of yasmin next week and i have had no breakouts prior to the first pack where my acne got worst. I am finally seeing results, stick with it. Like the above poster said; forehead acne is usually because of clogged pores- shampoo, hairspray and even diet. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@tasha_14)

Posted : 04/25/2016 12:23 pm

On 18/04/2016 at 8:59 PM, Viseslav Tonkovic-Capin said:

The most common cause of clogged pores on forehead is use of leave-on hairstyling products. Therefore make sure to wash your forehead after applying hair spray or any leave-on hairstyling gel. But Yasmin should help with acne in the majority of users; however, in rare situations it can actually worsen them.Hope this helps.

Best!

Vise

Thankyou for the help! Although am pretty sure that it's not any leave-in products as I don't use anything except shampoo/conditioner for my hair for that reason

On 18/04/2016 at 0:37 AM, Chloe123 said:

It takes 3-5 months for Yasmin to start showing results, and alot of people get an 'initial breakout' where their acne increases. Im ending my second pack of yasmin next week and i have had no breakouts prior to the first pack where my acne got worst. I am finally seeing results, stick with it. Like the above poster said; forehead acne is usually because of clogged pores- shampoo, hairspray and even diet. Good luck!

My forehead is where I'm prone to spots anyway, and I only use baby shampoo to try and avid any harsh chemicals that could cause irritation. Therefore I'm pretty sure it's an initial breakout or just a bad reaction to Yasmin? My skin got pretty clear in the first month of Yasmin, it's just from that point on that it's gone downhill and still doesn't seem to be getting a whole lot better

MemberMember
(@k290191)

Posted : 08/07/2016 2:33 pm

I have the same problem, my cheeks are usually spot free but within starting third month of yasmin I have got spots all over :-/ ny diet hasn't changed or anything, not too sure if it's due to yasmin but I don't knw what else it is. Hope it does get better by month 6 or sooner because I'm too impatient!

MemberMember
(@banban)

Posted : 08/08/2016 12:52 am

I went on yasmin once it didn't suit me and didnt even do anything for the acne. If you find it doesnt work in another couple of months dont waste your time and go back to the doctors