Notifications
Clear all

(very) low dose of acnetrex. thoughts? experiences? side effects?

MemberMember
(@sandorclegane)

Posted : 03/31/2016 5:02 am

hello all,

I'm 22, male. I've had moderately bad acne problems ever since I was around 17-18. My problem is usually cystic acnes, and scars because of it in my face. F*ckin painful and annoying. i've been to different dermatologists and they've all given me antibiotics plus a whole lot of sh*t i have to put in my face. My skin doesn't seem to respond too well with the antibiotics treatment because after a week or two of being on it, cystic acnes just sprout back. Two of the dermatologists I've been to have already recommended me to start/try roaccutane. 6 months and dose being dependent on my body weight. I said no because of the myriads of side effects.

Anyway, just yesterday, I went to a different dermatologist and she recommended I try acnetrex on very low dose. 20mg/day for 10 days; then lowering it to once every two days for about 20 days; then once a week; then once every two weeks. I told her I'm still hesitant because of the side effects of accutane - depression, Erectile dysfunction, liver problems, etc - and she told me not to worry about it because the treatment i would be on is very low dose. So, any of you folks here have tried a low dose acnetrex treatment?what are your thoughts? and guys, is the problem regarding erectile dysfunction really real despite being on very low dose?

MemberMember
(@arandomdude)

Posted : 06/14/2016 5:33 pm

From what I've read online, it doesn't really have to do with dosage

MemberMember
(@toni-cres)

Posted : 09/28/2017 5:53 am

On 3/31/2016 at 6:02 PM, sandorclegane said:

hello all,

I'm 22, male. I've had moderately bad acne problems ever since I was around 17-18. My problem is usually cystic acnes, and scars because of it in my face. F*ckin painful and annoying. i've been to different dermatologists and they've all given me antibiotics plus a whole lot of sh*t i have to put in my face. My skin doesn't seem to respond too well with the antibiotics treatment because after a week or two of being on it, cystic acnes just sprout back. Two of the dermatologists I've been to have already recommended me to start/try roaccutane. 6 months and dose being dependent on my body weight. I said no because of the myriads of side effects.

Anyway, just yesterday, I went to a different dermatologist and she recommended I try acnetrex on very low dose. 20mg/day for 10 days; then lowering it to once every two days for about 20 days; then once a week; then once every two weeks. I told her I'm still hesitant because of the side effects of accutane - depression, Erectile dysfunction, liver problems, etc - and she told me not to worry about it because the treatment i would be on is very low dose. So, any of you folks here have tried a low dose acnetrex treatment?what are your thoughts? and guys, is the problem regarding erectile dysfunction really real despite being on very low dose?

Roaccutane and acnetrex are pretty much the same, Sandor. I guess you're done with your treatment now. But just for the sake of everyone reading this. Roaccutane and acnetrex are both Isotretinoin and they're just brands. I'm on my 2nd month of acntrex 40mg per day. My first month I was on 30mg and I experienced dryness of everything during the 3rd week. But now I'm back in being oily again and idk why. Is it probably because my doctor increased it to 40mg and my body is now producing more oil because it's drying? I still dont know.