Notifications
Clear all

Roaccutane - 2nd Course Advise - Results

MemberMember
(@cj88acne)

Posted : 11/23/2015 11:30 am

i had my 1st course of roaccutane for severe acne 10 years ago at 17 and apart from the odd spot here and there my face remained spot free until..... Now.

As im aware of the signs from the 1st time I suffered an acne breakout I can feel my skin going back to how it was.

im currently back in my post roaccutane regime which kept my skin clear of Vichy normaderm gel wash and moisturiser whilst using duac one a day at night.

i have noticeda slight improvement I have the suspicion by skin is tracking back to how it was. I have attached some photos and I k ow this is no where near severe or any where near as bad as it was 1st time I do feel I'm at the beginning stage.

as I'm now in a full time employment and my job is based on dealing with clients face to face etc I don't feel I can wait the normal NHS route of, here try this antibiotic and topical cream for 8 weeks.... Not working?? Here's another set followed by the 3 month waiting Time for an NHS derm appointment I'm thinking of going private.

im looking for people's advise and details of results from those who have taken roaccutane for more than 1 course and how effective it was and how well it worked if you noticed the same effects.

during my 1st course I suffered from dry lips, and skin but that was all.

And id advise greatly appreciated

Jj5 liked
MemberMember
(@ihateusernamesx)

Posted : 12/01/2015 7:45 am

Hi!

My first course cleared me for a good few years and like you I started getting bad again. I finally, after 6 months -as you say NHS!,got my second course last year and finished it in April of this year. For me personally, it cleared me of cysts, nodulesetc and generally it worked! I stayed clear for 3 months. I was advised to start a topical for the upkeep but never used it straight away. Sadly, after those 3 months I started breaking out in loads of closed comedones so started using it, I picked Differin. 4 months down the line I am clear again andwill continue using Differin lol! Side effects for me personally were actually not as bad second time round I only got the sore cracked lips. However,on my first go I had the dry skin, sore joints, the full lot.

Overall, I say go for it if youfeel it's best. If the day ever came where I would have to go on a third course I would probably doit because itdoes work! But maybe having a topical for maintenence is great idea too. Topicals never used to work for me but I think this time ithas truly set me on the path to being 'cured'. Ithinkgoing private is a great idea too because those 6 months waiting on my NHS referral made my skin go from moderate to severe.

DeLovely and CJ88ACNE liked
MemberMember
(@jj5)

Posted : 06/27/2016 7:48 pm

HI I'm have also tried all ways of clearing up acne ..from laser to facial to normal antibiotics but of no use so I finally took up Roaccutane and I am on my 2nd day...I just feel...dry on my lips but I hope it showas results ...I can't go through the normal treatment route as my job needs to face clients everyday. Hope users can give me some advise.

Thank you :)