Notifications
Clear all

can i get a friend ?

MemberMember
(@unbroken94)

Posted : 11/08/2015 7:21 pm

ive been through a lot over the last year, a lot, i went through an horrific time withdrawing from phyciatric medications and failed to see what was happening to me but im a lot more stable now and have recovered a lot of the health i lost after spending many months in hospital, however i still struggle with acne, i isolated myself for a long time mainly because of my skin for a long time, i didnt leave the house in 6 months, lately id started going out more for example ive been out with friends on the weekend the last 3 months straight which has taken a lot of courage but over the last two weeks my face has exploded again , its like it will explode then clear up explode then clear up , it just takes an emotional toll on me and after everything ive been through im struggling to deal with it , im back on social media after been in total isolation for 6 months but it makes me upset when i see people with great skin on there, im not jelous nor bitter just upset, i used to be so confident and now im scared to get a job do normal things, i feel as if people underestimate acne, it can truely destroy your mind, thankfully i no longer consider suicide , but i do feel lonely , i have a good amount of friends that keep in contact with me and always want me to go out but i dont want to leave my comfort zone does anyone else feel this way , its almost as if your constantly worried and obsessing over your skin that you cant truely enjoy yourself when your out , i guess what im looking to find is someone who understands me, someone i can understand to , just people who want to conversate and unload their feelings, i am undergoing counselling and starting new treatment for my skin this week so i am making positive steps but i feel as if i would greatly benefit from talking to someone who understands , thankyou for taking the time to read this :)

Lore91 liked
MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 11/08/2015 7:26 pm

Hi friend!

Earlier this year I didn't leave the house for five months because of my skin. My friendships fell apart, my job crashed, my relationships with family broke.. All because of my acne. I was heartbroken. I cried every day, I didn't go on social media because I didn't want to see everyone else living happily, and I contemplated suicide daily. I even began writing my suicide note.

I managed to get my acne under control by taking accutane (which, i know, is controversial on this forum) and, although it never cleared me entirely, am slowly trying to get my life back together. It's hard... Like you said, I can be extremely social but the minute I get a breakout or a rash (i suffer from seb derm too on my face) I mentally can't cope. I cancel plans, take it out on my family... This week I cancelled all plans and stayed in because I had a seb derm breakout.

overall i'm a million times happier, but I dont have many coping stratagies for when I do breakout. I hope we can find them :) your post rang true to me on so many levels. My skin controls me - even if i'm having a good day I worry that i'll break out, constantly checking and when I see something, my day is ruined!

we'll get there 🙂

MemberMember
(@unbroken94)

Posted : 11/08/2015 7:36 pm

yeah i went on accutane last year i was devestated because i developed flushing but that has gone down a lot !, it did help with the acne to a degree like i was very clear while on it but its returned and im just looking for a way to get rid of it all together

i totaly understand the suicide note thing and feel broken , it just gets to much , its almost as if you dont see a point in living when you hate yourself but i guess we just keep going , i havent wrote one in a long time , i think for the most part i did at as a form of escape , you know just fantasising about escaping the torment . it does control our lives i think thats the worst thing about it , sometimes i get so frustrated because im 100% there is a way to make it better but i havent found it yet

im exactly like you , ill go out have great fun and then as soon as i breakout im like come on ffs not this again its horrible , like i cant help but let it control my moods and i think thats what im struggling with most . i fantasise about getting rid of this one day , i think thats what keeps me going because i want to free from it

we will all find a way eventually i hope !

MemberMember
(@porswis)

Posted : 11/10/2015 4:49 am

Hey I know how you feel :(
At this moment of my life. I almost never leave the house its been 2 months like this. 
I suffer from chronic urticaria on my face. Its an horrible desease because there is no cure for it. 

I no longer see my friends and family, crying everyday. I hate to go outside because I feel like everyone is happy and I feel so diferent.
Years ago I was a social happy person now Im just a depressive suicidal freak.
The worse is that nobody understands me. I feel always alone. I wish I could have clear skin!
So yes dont worry, you're not alone 

Porswis

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 11/10/2015 8:15 am

It is relieving to see you're not alone.

Unbroken, I totally relate ... I remember finding it almost relaxing to know that I could just end it whenever I wanted, and some days I still feel the same -- and unfortunately depression is like that, and it will last for the rest of our lives-- but we'll eventually find our own personal ways to cope. For me, online gaming with a couple glasses of red is what gets my mind off of it. Even if something gets you through the hour, it's fine, through 30 minutes, that's fine... sometimes we have to take it a minute ata time.

I hate how it can just ruin my entire week when I get a breakout. I was on a date with my first ever boyfriend and he took me somewhere amazing...and then I took a selfie and bam...big red patch on my cheek where my dermatitis had flared. Instantly ruined my mood and for the rest of the night I had to fake being happy when I naturally should have been.

Porswis, I'm sorry to hear that you suffer from urticarial. I suffer from seb derm on my face which, similar to your condition, has no cure and actually no real method to relieve symptoms. I'm actually have an outbreak now and cancelled all my plans last week because of it, seeing my boyfriend, going out with friends, going to work, going to class... I just said I had the flu. It's still on my face today, though it has died down, and I can't let it ruin this week for me, I need to go to work and class and tonight I'm seeing my boyfriend... I'm very scared and it makes me feel sick ;-; But, thankfully, it will be dark.

MemberMember
(@porswis)

Posted : 11/10/2015 3:11 pm

It is relieving to see you're not alone.

Unbroken, I totally relate ... I remember finding it almost relaxing to know that I could just end it whenever I wanted, and some days I still feel the same -- and unfortunately depression is like that, and it will last for the rest of our lives -- but we'll eventually find our own personal ways to cope. For me, online gaming with a couple glasses of red is what gets my mind off of it. Even if something gets you through the hour, it's fine, through 30 minutes, that's fine... sometimes we have to take it a minute at a time.

I hate how it can just ruin my entire week when I get a breakout. I was on a date with my first ever boyfriend and he took me somewhere amazing...and then I took a selfie and bam...big red patch on my cheek where my dermatitis had flared. Instantly ruined my mood and for the rest of the night I had to fake being happy when I naturally should have been.

Porswis, I'm sorry to hear that you suffer from urticarial. I suffer from seb derm on my face which, similar to your condition, has no cure and actually no real method to relieve symptoms. I'm actually have an outbreak now and cancelled all my plans last week because of it, seeing my boyfriend, going out with friends, going to work, going to class... I just said I had the flu. It's still on my face today, though it has died down, and I can't let it ruin this week for me, I need to go to work and class and tonight I'm seeing my boyfriend... I'm very scared and it makes me feel sick ;-; But, thankfully, it will be dark.

Yes I know what you mean. I also suffer from seb derm but its mild and easy to treat with nizoral cream and clearogen sulphur lotion. Have you tried those products? Maybe it can help you.
I can relate to your situation. I most of the times cancel plans with my friends. I stopped my studies. 4 years that I didnt see my family in Portugal. I cant even go to doctors appointement sometimes. I have panick attacks. I seriously no longer like my life. I dont see any light. Everyone says that I should learn to live with this but I cant its to hard. 

I want to feel confidente and pretty like before, i cant even wear eye makeup because of the hives! 
Plus some people are starting to hate  me because of my depression and my screams (yes sometimes I scream because it hurts so bad). I wish someone could understand me. But nobody around me does. 

Dont worry about your breakout. I mean I know its hard for us. But your boyfriend will not mind it :)  I bet he doesnt even notice about it. Good luck!!
Btw its that a picture of final fantasy 15 on your profile??

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 11/10/2015 5:31 pm

Oh I haven't heard of those, but I'll bring it up with my derm next time I see them! How do they work? Just apply once daily to effected areas?

I know, it's hard and people don't always understand. People will say "oh it's barely noticeable" but in my eyes that means it is still noticeable, which defeats the point -- i dont want it at all! Haha.

and yes it is ff15 xD i'm so psyched! If anything helps me it's gaming!

MemberMember
(@porswis)

Posted : 11/11/2015 2:04 am

Oh I haven't heard of those, but I'll bring it up with my derm next time I see them! How do they work? Just apply once daily to effected areas?

I know, it's hard and people don't always understand. People will say "oh it's barely noticeable" but in my eyes that means it is still noticeable, which defeats the point -- i dont want it at all! Haha.

and yes it is ff15 xD i'm so psyched! If anything helps me it's gaming!

Nizoral is an antifungal cream. You can buy the shampoo too. Well in the begining you need to use it once everyday and when you seb derm its controlled you can you use it only 2 or 1 once a week or more depending on how your skin reacts. 

Clearogen lotion is not a presciption, its a product from a 3 step regimen  skincare for hormonal acne. I use it for my acne but I notice it it helped my seb derm because of the sulphur ingredient. Have you also tried acv mixed with water? It can help too.

Yes and its hard to hear that. I sometimes say that they shouldnt judge before they experiment the same situation. And everyone is different.

I knew it :)  I like video games too! Too bad I dont have the ps4. 

MemberMember
(@eminem670)

Posted : 11/21/2015 12:21 pm

Omg, I honestly thought I was the only one who thought acne ruined my life. It's honestly relieving to know that I'm not mentally insane to let acne prevent me from socializing. I'm in college, and because of acne, I don't go to job internship fairs, school events etc. just recently deleted my social media accounts because I'm trying to restrain from public perception of "perfect". It's insane how acne killed my self confidence, and for the first time on this forum in admitting that I spend HUNDREDS on clothes just to cover up my acne prone skin so people would focus on the new Adidas and LV belts and not my skin.I definitely feel you on this post and I'm so glad I'm not the only one feeling this way. I never talk about it, this is the first time I'm actually speaking about it, I usually just tell people I hate everyone so I avoid talking to them.