Notifications
Clear all

PLEASE HELP WHAT IS THIS ON MY FACE?? (w/ GROSS PHOTOS)

MemberMember
(@tootie2014)

Posted : 12/13/2015 3:34 am

Omg girl, I've been in this exact condition!!! I'd still be badly off if I didn't have an awesome care regimen. I am NOT selling snake oil, I don't work in the skin or pharmaceutical industry, I'm actually just a nursing student :) I know the pain you're in physically and mentally and I desperately want to help you. SO, here's my advice.

1. Get some hibiclens from the drug store. Avoiding the eye area, a few times a week while in the shower, apply it and let it sit a minute or two. Do this until those heads that are yellowish and skin weeping any off white liquid (this is staph) are no longer doing so.

2. Get a script for tretinoin .05 and about 15 to 20 minutes after washing your face at night, apply it, one very thin layer, all over the effected areas. You will peel or flake (or not) like a mother trucker for the first month. And all of those flesh colored small bumps will come out as the inflamed acne. Bring them ALL to the surface. This will take months. It's that nasty 'purge'. 

3. Stop using soaps except for the hibiclens a few times a week. Play with some oils to see which your skin likes best, but the safest for sensitive skin (yours is right now) is jojoba oil. To wash with the jojoba oil, apply it liberally, get a soft thin baby washcloth with warm water, and wash it off. 

4. Moisturizing is a must so you can minimize the damage the acne is doing to your collagen and to ease up your physical pain. Again, oils, do NOT grab that freaking loaded moisturizer filled with all kinds of BS. Evening primrose is a beautiful one (I have more info on why if you're interested) and NO it won't clog your pores. You can also just use your jojoba oil lightly all over. And NO it also won't clog your pores. SMOTHER your lips with vaseline, no other lip products. Get the inside corners REALLY well too.

5. Healing. Order a bag of zinc powder from online. A nice hefty pound or so of it. Also, if you can eventually you'll need some Magnesium ascorbyl phosphate powder also. You will dab your finger into the zinc powder and touch ALL open pimples with it at night after you put on the tretinoin. Make them nice and white. This is super powerful tissue healing. The Magnesium ascorbyl phosphate powder (a vitamin c powder that DOES penetrate the skin) will be mixed with the jojoba sometimes on your face (once a week) over your tretinoin when you sleep. 

6. Stop seeing an esthetician, stop getting any facials other than a steam and extraction if you MUST. 

Your skin is being overly treated with chemicals and behind that your skin isn't properly shedding and renewing new cells. Manual exfoliation is going to freak it out so you need a topical like tretinoin. The tretinoin will not only bring all acne to the surface via exfoliation, it's going to shrink that oil gland to nothing after the pimple is healed. If you continue to use it for close to 12 months (or even quicker), your collagen webbing under the skin will double and the your pitted scarring edges will soften and plump.

the vitamin C will also help rejuvenate and plump everything as it's VITAL for new collagen growth.

I do NOT RECOMMEND  anything internal other than healthy food and lots of water. Please, seriously, my two cents is STAY external. Tretinoin will do exactly what accutane does it's just most don't stay with it long enough. There are numerous NIH studies published to back all of this up, and I had skin EXACTLY like yours.

I want to add that I'm concerned your doc is pushing accutane that quick. I don't use Taz, I use plain generic tretinoin cream, and it takes 6 months (was 4 for me)  to finally finish bringing ALL of them to a head. And what do you do after accutane? That is ridiculous. Not trying to be a hater but do derms have some kind of deal with accutane suppliers? It's insane how quickly some of them reach for it. 

MemberMember
(@leftridingcropinmortuary)

Posted : 12/16/2015 2:06 pm

Oh dear, that looks very painful!

Yeah, I'm afraid these beauticians and too much fiddling with the face can make it worse.

Natural does not equal safe. Heroin is natural! It comes from a plant.

Personally, I'd stop using loads of products and rethink Accutane. Your morning and evening rituals sound like a lot of work! I have a diary on here if you're interested. Mine was similar to yours - chin/jaw.

good luck whatever you decide!