Notifications
Clear all

Accutane And E-Cig? Does Smoking Increase Liver Funcationality?

MemberMember
(@cathal84)

Posted : 09/10/2015 5:09 pm

Hello everyone,

quick simply question here. Everyone here who is on Accutane will know that they have to go and get blood tests monthly to see if their liver functionality is not too high while they are on Accutane. I understand completely that drinking alcohol while on Accutane will drive up your liver functionality even higher which is dangerous. I was wondering since Nicotine is also a toxin so to speak that if I was to use an e-cigarette while on Accutane would that drive up my liver functionality higher than if I was just to take Accutane and not use it since from my understanding of the human body (which is not great) the liver also breaks down nicotine, hence causing it to work.

so wondering would it be save to use e-cig and take Accutane?

MemberMember
(@lizj2011)

Posted : 09/11/2015 9:46 am

I used one the first 2 months while on Accutane, I smoke cigarettes every now and then... You should be fine. :) I asked my derm about occasional alcohol ( I love Wine) and she said she's more concerned about me not getting pregnant, She said it's fine to drink alcohol every now and then just not too frequently and smoking is bad in general she said so she told me to just don't over do it if I MUST. So to answer your question, you will be fine!