Notifications
Clear all

Is This Possible On Accutane?

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 09/06/2015 6:57 am

Hey guys.

So I'm currently on my 6th month/beginning of 7th of accutane and so far it's been going well. I rarely get any spots and, if I do, they are tiny tiny and go away in a day, they never get inflammed or red (well, rarely).

However, today things have taken a turn for the worse, but not neccesarilly with acne-per say.

Today I woke up and noticed my skin was just...different. It was very dull and lifeless and blotchy. I took out my ELECTRIC razor to shave and got in the shower. When I got out I noticed that I had come out in a MAHOOZIVE 20p sized razor bump/ingrown hair on the left side of my chin, a rash all around the bottom of my neck, and three other razor bumps/ingrowns on my right cheek. They are VERY VERY red...like...redder than any spot I get. I know they are not acne, but are indeed irritation from my razor. Now, occasionally I do get an ingrown or what not, but overall my razor is very good and I trust it ... however today it's all gone to crud!

Now..yesterday I forgot to take my accutane (40mg) with my meal, so took it when I got home about 2 hours later with half a glass of milk. Is it possible that because I didn't take it with my meal, and therefore not a high enough fat-intake, that my skin today has reacted quite badly? Overall my skin has been looking great! Aside from the red marks which I use a dab of concealer on, I'm ok, and happy with the progress.

I'm just confused as to why I've broken out in terrible razor bumps from an electric razor (which I have used for the past 5 months with absolutely no problem) and why my skin is suddenly very dull, lifeless and blotchy. Has anyone else experienced this?

Also...any tips for getting rid of razor rashes/ingrown hairs fast? :S Ugh..

I'm so annoyed and actually feel like crying. You go through 7 months of this drug to still suffer from massive red lumps on your face...My skin looks absolutely dreadful today, like I did before accutane.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 09/07/2015 6:44 am

Your skin is still sensitive on accutane and even though it has been going well, it can change on accutane at any moment. I wouldn't panic at the moment. Give the shaving a break, continue taking your accutane and try again when things heal up.