Notifications
Clear all

Accutane Help

MemberMember
(@natecr)

Posted : 08/15/2015 2:15 am

Hi you guys, I took accutane From June 16th At one 40 milligram pill a day Then on July 16th They up my Doze to 80 milligrams Every 3 days, On July 31st Something went horribly wrong I started Getting really anxious And really strange thoughts But I wasn't able to Get out of my head I was afraid I was going to act on those thoughts like I was losing control That was So damn scary Most scariest thing I've ever been through my life Hands down. I have Had anxiety issues in the past But nothing that I couldn't overcome, These attacks I was having More overwhelmingThan anything I ever felt before I was questioning life What's life all mean Really bizarre thoughts I've never thought about before. I'm scared for my life Losing controlI want to go back to the person I was before this startedSo badly Do you think That the accutane Just hopped My anxiety To level out of my control? I stopped Accutane About 10 days ago But I'm still Having severe Anxiety and paranoia? Why? Are these residual effects From the AccutaneI honestly don't know Everything was going great On accutane the first Month or so And then Out of the blue I had this attack not yet being able to shaken sense even though I stop the medication 10 days ago I don't know what the fuck is going on Afraid for my life I've never had this beforeI feel like I'm losing control of my body and reality .... scary Because I really want my life back more than Anything Please Help me!

MemberMember
(@rachidleroi)

Posted : 08/18/2015 6:09 pm

i think that your first problem is the acne that you have and i have too and the others guys .. so that's your problem not the anxiety or your changed mood

so i am suggesting you to keep doing your treatment maybe isotritoin it get litle despressing but you must continue and surely you will get ride of it and of your anxiety when you look at your face and your mind never think about the acne that's will be helpful ..

good luck

MemberMember
(@macleod)

Posted : 08/18/2015 8:25 pm

^ lol. great advice.

MemberMember
(@fudgesicle87)

Posted : 08/19/2015 3:45 pm

The mind is a mysterious thing. You might be experiencing the placebo effect. If you have had mental health issues in the past, and you are on a drug that supposedly has mental health issues as a side effect, you may have convinced yourself that you are experiencing them, and then actually caused those issues in yourself. I'm not saying that they aren't there. I absolutely believe you, but the cause is in question.

Nonetheless, if you are having suicidal thoughts, you clearly need to talk to your doctor. Don't go through that alone.

MemberMember
(@natecr)

Posted : 08/19/2015 4:30 pm

The thing is I never had it while on it for 2 n half months I felt great no depression anxiety or other severe side effects I was happy because I was almost clear during the 2 n half months I was on it... Then bam one day every thing changed racing disturbing thoughts just total freak out. She did raise my dose to 80 mg every 3 days after the first month.. so I don't know what happened I stopped the medication about 2 weeks ago and I'm still Having pretty bad anxiety and racing thoughts. It's weird I never had anxiety this bad in my life it's debilitating.. hopefully the symptoms will subside soon after Accutane gets outta my system

Dubya_B liked
MemberMember
(@dubya_b)

Posted : 08/21/2015 11:54 pm

I went through the same awful side effects around the time my acne cleared up. The worst of the anxiety should clear in a few months, but you have to tough it out. I never fully recovered what I had before Accutane, but my mental and physical state did improve greatly over time compared to the worst stretch of side effects.

Fools might believe you can regrow an arm through meditation, but happy thoughts and positive thinking aren't as effective as advertised.

MemberMember
(@natecr)

Posted : 08/25/2015 5:03 am

Yeah man, That's a relief to hear that it's not just me, I've been off Accutane About what three weeks now Not even a month yet, And I'm still having anxiety, The worst though is the disturbing thoughts I've never had these this bad ever I am so afraid to even drive anymore Because I think my car is going to Hit something Or somebody's going to hit me, I've never been afraid of driving Before this Really like driving Actually It was a way for me to Vent. I also get disturbing thoughts Of my family getting hurt Or me hurting my family in some way Which I would never do ever! I love my family Very much I've never had a thoughts like that before either I love God and Jesus I have believed in them All my life I'm a big follower. So this is really scary for me I m trying my hardest To do mental exercises Praying That this will get better Because it is really affecting my life