Notifications
Clear all

Low Dose Spiro For Mild Acne Plus Terrible Initial Breakout

MemberMember
(@holataco)

Posted : 08/10/2015 4:40 pm

Hi all,

I know this topic has been discussed before, however now that I'm experiencing it, i need affirmation that everything will be fine and that spiro will work!

I've had mild acne - definitely acne due to its pervasive and stubborn omnipresence - for around 7 years. Acne for me means at least 1 pimple at all times, usually located close to my ear at the jawline. Nothing has kept my face completely clear for more than a week, so after seeing a dermatologist for laser, he suggested i try spiro. I'm on only 25mg once per day and these are my questions and fears!

1. Will such a low dose of spiro - 25mg - work and is spiro effective on mild acne?

2. Will i get clear on a low dose? How do i know when i need to move to a higher dose? Do you keep increasing dose until you're clear? When do you stop?!

3. My initial breakout is horrendous - my cheeks, chin and jaw are covered in pimples with new forming nightly. How long will the IB last? What if the IB never stops? At what point do i stop taking spiro if the IB remains? 3 months?

Really hoping someone will respond and anyone with similar experiences can let me know that everything will be ok.

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 09/27/2015 10:23 am

Hi all,

I know this topic has been discussed before, however now that I'm experiencing it, i need affirmation that everything will be fine and that spiro will work!

I've had mild acne - definitely acne due to its pervasive and stubborn omnipresence - for around 7 years. Acne for me means at least 1 pimple at all times, usually located close to my ear at the jawline. Nothing has kept my face completely clear for more than a week, so after seeing a dermatologist for laser, he suggested i try spiro. I'm on only 25mg once per day and these are my questions and fears!

1. Will such a low dose of spiro - 25mg - work and is spiro effective on mild acne?

2. Will i get clear on a low dose? How do i know when i need to move to a higher dose? Do you keep increasing dose until you're clear? When do you stop?!

3. My initial breakout is horrendous - my cheeks, chin and jaw are covered in pimples with new forming nightly. How long will the IB last? What if the IB never stops? At what point do i stop taking spiro if the IB remains? 3 months?

Really hoping someone will respond and anyone with similar experiences can let me know that everything will be ok.

Thanks!

If your issue was one pimple, spiro seems like overkill. But anyway, I'm almost 2 weeks in and acne is crazy as hell around my usual acne areas. Pus filled, flamed, it's really a sad sight.

How did things work out?