Notifications
Clear all

Lymecycline

MemberMember
(@delly394)

Posted : 08/02/2015 11:23 am

I'm hoping someone can help me.

I have suffered from cysts on my forehead for years and it was becoming so bad that I went to the doctor for help.

The doctor gave me lymecycline and it have stopped the massive cysts (yay) but I've been getting loads of little spots (more like I would imagine "proper acne" looks like) constantly all over different area. It started out on one cheek, then it happened again on my neck, then that went away and it then it came back again on both cheeks.

Basically I feel the lymecycline has made things much worse. I have 5 days of the course left. And I want to know from anyone here if they felt the lymecycline made things worse until they stopped taking it? I'm just worried it has started some sort of cycle that has changed my skin from light acne to severe constantly.

I'd appreciate any advice/thoughts on the treatment.

I've been using benzoyl peroxide too and it worked for a start and now it doesn't. I have scarring from previous cysts and I want to cry at the thought of acne starting up even worse now just because I went to the doctor for help.

MemberMember
(@purifiedjudge)

Posted : 08/02/2015 5:28 pm

I have never used that medication, mabye you should have considered accutane instead, it can be used for less severe acne as long as nothing else has worked. Just see how your skin goes once you stop the meds, and if BP ain't working stop it, I like using azealic acid cream for acne. More gentle then BP, have you tried the pill, it helps lessen my acne.

Sorry I couldn't be any more helpful. (: