Notifications
Clear all

Benzoyl Peroxide?! Is It Burning My Face?!

MemberMember
(@morgan341)

Posted : 07/02/2015 4:28 am

Hello,

So I've been on benzoyl peroxide 2.5% that my doctor have prescribed o me for 16 days aside from taking a lymecycline 408mg pill everyday. So not until i've used la roche posay ( thermal spring water mist) "which i used probably on day 12" I experienced the next day itchiness on the eyes and around it!! I took an allergy pill but it didn't calm this down ! The next few days and I'm still applying bp before going to bed, i wake up with itchy face. Yesterday I went out in the sun and after I came back I slept in for about 4-5 hours and I woke up with extremely itchy red face with bumps or hives!! It's itchy as hell and idk what to do!!! I didn't use it last night as it might be an allergic reaction but should I visit my doctor? And until then what should i do ?

Ps: redness and itchiness is on all of my face except my cheeks

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/02/2015 7:35 am

Definitely sounds like an allergic reaction. You could apply some hydrocortisone cream to calm things down and follow up with your derm

MemberMember
(@morgan341)

Posted : 07/02/2015 10:03 am

Definitely sounds like an allergic reaction. You could apply some hydrocortisone cream to calm things down and follow up with your derm

Thanks for replying.

I came from my dermatologist now and she told me to stop the medication for five days and prescribed to me Cutivate 0.05% cream and claritine pills