Notifications
Clear all

Solodyn, Onexton, And Retin A Micro Regimen

MemberMember
(@mrsleprechaun)

Posted : 06/22/2015 6:40 pm

My 13 year old daughter was just prescribed a regimen of Solodyn, Onexton, and Retin A Micro for moderate inflammatory acne. I would love to hear from people who have been on a similar regimen as to whether it has been successful or not. I am also wondering if any one of these is effective by itself. Lastly, we were told she should stay out of the sun but later realized that we have season passes to a water park this summer for our whole family. We are debating having her wait on using the oral solodyn until after she has gone to the water park at least a few times.

Any thoughts are welcome. Thanks in advance.

MemberMember
(@desireelol)

Posted : 04/12/2016 8:17 pm

She needs to be very careful in the sun if outside use a good non comedogenic sunscreen. The solodyn isn't particularly the problem I used solodyn as a teen and had no issues being in the sun. It's the retin a that makes skin very sensitive. I believe it actually breaks down in sunlight and because it thins the skin can cause your skin to look worse if in the sun than you did prior to being treated. I'm not sure if the micro formula is better for being in the sun but I know that's how it is with original. I recenly switched to micro myself. Good luck and good for you for getting her treated early!

MemberMember
(@jitter-bug)

Posted : 04/13/2016 7:59 am

Maximum sunscreen strength should be sufficient. Doctors don't say to stay indoors , they say use sunscreen!