Notifications
Clear all

Going Off Birth Control While On Accutane.

MemberMember
(@frannyglass)

Posted : 06/19/2015 2:06 pm

Hello!

My 5 months are almost over. I have red spots on my right cheek, and 1 acne on my left right now. Chin seems to be clear which is a miracle.

The thing is... I have started taking birth control (yasmin) 3 months ago when I was still on accutane because of my bad period pains. The doc said it might help with my acne treatment. I was like yay!! However I regret this decision right now. I still have bad cramps on birth control, it makes me pee every 10 minutes, my breasts are enormous and hurting so much. I am not happy with it so I want to quit. What makes me nervous is that when I quit, will I have acne? Lots of people say that they got severe acne after going off the pill but I am still on accutane?

So at this moment I am pretty nervous. Tomorrow I have an appointment with my gynecologist, he will probably say finish the pack you have now and don't continue.

Even if I don't take bc, accutane will work, right? :(

MemberMember
(@lucyintheskyofdiamonds)

Posted : 07/08/2015 12:46 am

Hey!!! I think is the perfect time to quit

Im in my 2nd month of accutane and taking diane 35 (a bcp full of estrogen and antiandrogen that seems to be very good at helping hormonal acne)

However i have heard from almost everyone that as soon as you quit, your acne comes back since it works beautifully AS LONG you take it.

So i figure out that when i arrive to that point of the course where my skin is completly clear (im still breaking out like crazy), i will quit diane 35 so that it does not interfere with the ending results of accutane.

I feel that if i stop taking the bcp after ending the couse of accutane, my skin may break out since the drug is not longer in my system. However, if i stop diane while being in the course, nothing will happen since you will have the 'miracle, bulletproof' pill in your system.

Haha i know i may sound kind of crazy but that is my theory and of curse it may be not right but right now thats all i have (my dermatologist insist that people dont break out after quitting bcp......)

Besides, if you continue taking the bcp, one day eventually you will have to stop taking it, so ita better doing it while on your medication against acne

Hope it helps :)

MemberMember
(@accutaneandyasmin)

Posted : 02/03/2016 4:14 am

On 8 July 2015 at 6:46 AM, LucyInTheSkyOfDiamonds said:

Hey!!! I think is the perfect time to quit

Im in my 2nd month of accutane and taking diane 35 (a bcp full of estrogen and antiandrogen that seems to be very good at helping hormonal acne)

However i have heard from almost everyone that as soon as you quit, your acne comes back since it works beautifully AS LONG you take it.

So i figure out that when i arrive to that point of the course where my skin is completly clear (im still breaking out like crazy), i will quit diane 35 so that it does not interfere with the ending results of accutane.

I feel that if i stop taking the bcp after ending the couse of accutane, my skin may break out since the drug is not longer in my system. However, if i stop diane while being in the course, nothing will happen since you will have the 'miracle, bulletproof' pill in your system.

Haha i know i may sound kind of crazy but that is my theory and of curse it may be not right but right now thats all i have (my dermatologist insist that people dont break out after quitting bcp......)

Besides, if you continue taking the bcp, one day eventually you will have to stop taking it, so ita better doing it while on your medication against acne

Hope it helps :)

Hey! Did this work for you??? I'm about to do the same with Yasmin!!! 
Thanks x