Notifications
Clear all

Aczone Or Ziana.....which Is Better

MemberMember
(@chrissy305)

Posted : 05/16/2015 2:31 pm

So i was originally prescribed Aczone but my insurance wouldn't cover it so my derm gave me a bunch of Ziana samples. I used that for 4-5 weeks and i felt it made my acne 10x wrose. So now i decided to but the Aczone. Which do you guys feel is better? I also just started minocycline 2 weeks ago.

Another question......do doctors usually prescribe Accutane for mild-moderate acne? Is this something i should concider?

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 05/17/2015 7:10 am

Everyone is si different

i havent tried ziana but i didnt have any luck with aczone

kim

MemberMember
(@chrissy305)

Posted : 05/19/2015 1:20 pm

How long did you use the aczone for?

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 05/19/2015 1:30 pm

My daughter used Aczone for three months and saw no improvement, but everyone reacts differently so it may work for you. Her dermatologist then put her on Benzaclin and within 2 months her face has cleared up 90%.

She has never tried Ziana so I can't comment on that.

Hope you find what works for you!

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 05/19/2015 3:37 pm

Was on aczone around 8-12 weeks.sorry it was a while ago, dont remember exactly

kim

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 05/19/2015 4:49 pm

Hi - I used aczone for about 3 months before going on accutane. I would say that it was good at reducing the inflammation and healing time of existing cysts, but did absolutely nothing to prevent them.

I am currently using ziana post-accutane. I am using it mostly for preventative purposes. I think it works very well in preventing acne and keeping any blemishes that do appear from getting worse but I have no clue if it would have helped me avoid accutane to begin with. :\

MemberMember
(@chrissy305)

Posted : 05/30/2015 8:23 am

Thank you guys for the input. My face seems to be getting worse since before using any treatment. I wish i never would of used anything. I hope i find something thats helps....

MemberMember
(@sarah-weakley)

Posted : 06/10/2015 6:46 pm

Hi! I have used Ziana before and I didn't particularly care for it. It was prescribed for mild body breakouts...not my face. It was super expensive with insurance even and I thought it was kinda greasy. I gave it a month before I called and asked for something different. Now I'm using Tazorac gel for my face once a night which has been a miracle worker! versus the other retinoid I was on...Differin...and that was a waste of time and money. Good luck and I hope you find something that works for you!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 06/11/2015 3:32 pm

So i was originally prescribed Aczone but my insurance wouldn't cover it so my derm gave me a bunch of Ziana samples. I used that for 4-5 weeks and i felt it made my acne 10x wrose. So now i decided to but the Aczone. Which do you guys feel is better? I also just started minocycline 2 weeks ago.

Another question......do doctors usually prescribe Accutane for mild-moderate acne? Is this something i should concider?

Aczone can be used with Ziana. Use Aczone in the morning and Ziana at night. I hated Ziana with a passion. My breakouts were some of the worst that I've had. I am currently on Aczone and it really isn't doing anything. Keep in mind that this is just my personal experience. You may have better luck.

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 06/11/2015 4:14 pm

I'm using ziana currently and I am clear, but I started using it after my course of accutane was over after reading several studies stating that topical tretinoin use post accutane reduces the relapse rate. I have been basically clear since then (almost a year!). That being said, I have no idea if it would have done a thing for me before starting accutane. I was on aczone before accutane, and it did basically nothing. I noticed it was helpful in reducing inflammation of new nodules and helping them heal a bit faster than before I started using it, but it did nothing to clear me up or prevent the nodules from forming. :\

Good news is, with aczone - if you don't notice improvement within the first couple of weeks, it probably won't work at all. So you don't have to wait very long to find out if it's useful or not.