Notifications
Clear all

Need Help On Accutane

MemberMember
(@rizhi)

Posted : 05/08/2015 12:29 am

I am 19 male weigh around 132 pounds, im on accutane 30mg/day. I take 10mg after the lunch in the afternoon and 20mg after the night dinner. I wanted to know if i have to take the pill daily or in gaps like taken on monday but not tuesday then taken on Wednesday but not Thursday and so on. And how long should i take it for according to my dosage and weight. Thanks

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 05/10/2015 2:06 pm

all of these questions should be for your derm not for strange people on the net

after that being said

your dose seem quiet enough ....its half your weight in kg ....your derm may up your dose later or he may keep you on this dose

your time on accutane will also be determined by your derm .....you usually have to reach a cumulitive dose so you'll have better chance for your acne not to come back

i urge to ask all your questions to your derm before asking strangers on the net and i also urge you to do research on this drug ....its a serious drug with very serious side effects ....that could be long term in some cases

so do your research and make wise choices and you'll be fine

MemberMember
(@cshock1)

Posted : 05/11/2015 5:02 pm

Honestly that's for your dermatologist to figure out. I wouldn't take it in gaps if I were you. But bring that up at next month's appointment