Notifications
Clear all

Still Breaking Out

MemberMember
(@ac98)

Posted : 04/14/2015 9:06 am

so I have been on accutane 4 months now: 1st month I was taking 20mg and the other 3 I have been taking 50g. I was wondering if it's still normal to be breaking out ?! my derm has put me on the drug for another month at 50g, will it eventually clear up ? :(

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 04/14/2015 9:32 am

I wish I could tell you

Im finishing mnth 5 and still get small random breakouts

I switched products..tried hydrate more and its still happening

pretty bummed but it seems some people dont completely clear until mnth 5-6 or even until they stop the meds

sucks but true

kim

ac98 liked
MemberMember
(@ac98)

Posted : 04/14/2015 12:41 pm

ok thank you. as I am only 16 my derm told me that I was only allowed to go on it for another month and then she said it should stay in my system for another 6 weeks after so hopefully I will get better

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 04/14/2015 1:14 pm

Yup Ive heard your skin gets better after u stop tane as the meds are still in your system!

GOOD LUCK!

kim

ac98 liked
MemberMember
(@minana48)

Posted : 04/15/2015 10:13 am

How large are your breakout and how often do you get them?

I just started my last month (month 6) and I'm still breaking out. Last week I got 5 pretty large breakouts... I don't understand how that's even possible, especially considering that my acne was mild/moderate when I started the treatment. I'm praying it continues to work after I'm done.

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 04/15/2015 11:17 am

My acne was mild-mod as well

I def thought i might not get an IB (as per my derm after 2 weeks if u didnt get an IB u wouldnt..wrong!!)

Plus i was using retin-a for 10yrs

anyway...My breakouts now are usually small and go way within (or flatten) in 2-3 days

BUT still sucks to be at this point

kim

MemberMember
(@tiger-woods)

Posted : 04/15/2015 3:23 pm

I've been on accutane twice and currently on my 3rd course.

For me, both times my acne got progressivley worse until the 4th month. Than all of a sudden my skin would look great and especially after my Accutane course my skin would continue to look great. just hang in there! Its different for everybody but im sure you will start clearing up soon.

MemberMember
(@ellie93)

Posted : 04/15/2015 3:32 pm

When I was on Accutane my skin was awful all the way to the middle of month 5, at which point it started to clear really quickly and was almost perfect by the end of month 6. Just hang in there and hopefully it will work for you!

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 04/15/2015 3:40 pm

ugh!
but thanks for the response

I keep holding on to hope

it will clear by mnth 3,,than mnth 4....mnth 5?

I will just be so happy when i clears!

thanks for the comment