Notifications
Clear all

Accutane 'purging'

MemberMember
(@fsujoseph)

Posted : 01/20/2015 10:38 pm

I was using tazorac for about 3-4 months and there was no difference from when I stared and at the end. If anything it had gotten worse! I had read that tazorac definitely gets worse before it gets better, and 'purges' your skin of everything all at once. Now I'm on accutane 60mg for about a month and a half and my acne is absolutely the worst it's ever been in my entire life. I garuntee I'll go to the dermatologist on friday and he will tell me 'oh it gets worse before it gets better, your skin is releasing the toxins all at once -blah blah'. Yeah wasn't that what Tazorac did for 4 months? This is starting to make me think nothing will work.

MemberMember
(@legomom)

Posted : 01/22/2015 6:22 am

Sorry you are in the middle of an initial breakout, but you are.

Tazarac is good at getting a breakout from the top layers of the skin, but Accutane is getting way down deep into those sticky layers that kept the acne going.

It actually makes the skin cells less sticky so everything turns over super fast----you're basically getting a year's worth of breakouts in one fell swoop.

But look at some if the "Accutane journeys" on these boards. Some even have pics and it's completely astounding how quickly it goes from really, really bad to amazing skin!!!

Try to read thru some of them, maybe some older ones who are on the other side of the IB.....and read them anytime you're feeling badly, or frustrated and impatient.

Stick with it and keep us posted on your progress!

Accutane was a wonder drug for me. I cannot recommend it enough!

Dana

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 01/22/2015 8:17 am

Hey

U aren't alone or the only one
seems most experience what u are going thru

Im there
im going into my third mnth of tane and its been hard
I had 2 bad ib..when I increased my dose
my face looked pretty awful
hang in there
I have hope it will get better and be so worth it!!

MemberMember
(@derpface)

Posted : 01/22/2015 9:39 am

I went through one extreme IB when I started and my skin is still healing. However, I was warned by my derm that the IB does exist and can very well happen! Good luck! Accutane is a trip