Notifications
Clear all

General Question

MemberMember
(@druryy)

Posted : 01/14/2015 4:59 pm

Hey guys, I just stumbled across this website and I've been looking a lot around the accutane(Roaccutane) and about a month and 3 weeks ago I was prescribed 40mg a day for my mild acne, I was just curious because I've recently been to my checkup and my bloods we're fine and I asked them to put my MG up they said 60mg for 2 months, also they haven't said how long I'm on the course for exactly? I was wondering I weight 87kg which is roughly 192 Pounds(rounded), I was just asking for your advice if 60mg is low for my weight after my bloods are fine, and if you're wondering I'm 17 years old, been an acne suffer for 4-5 years approximately, so after my first appointment I did some research which has got me slightly worried, because I stumbled across people saying if your on a low dose it'll come back, so I'm scared of this happening what should I do? Any advice would be highly appreciated thankyou! Also put your opinions on what dosage I should be on once again Thanklyou!

MemberMember
(@druryy)

Posted : 01/15/2015 7:32 pm

Bump

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 01/15/2015 8:23 pm

Hi

dosing varies..some Dr prefer low dose for longer duration and other dr prefer higher dose for a shorter period of time

Im a female weighing 130 pounds

My Dr wanted me to start on 40mg, move to 60mg than 80mg (for a 4-5 mnth treatment)

I started at 20mg for 2 weeks because i was afraid of an IB which I had anyway when I bumped from 20 to 40mg than again when I bumped from 40mg to 60mg

So if i was to do it over, I would probably start on 50-60mg for the course of treatment

If you do a search for accutane calculator.

You can punch in your weight and if will tell you the low and high dose and the expected duration of treatment

kim