Notifications
Clear all

Starting The Taaaane

MemberMember
(@maryc)

Posted : 03/18/2015 4:45 pm

Kim: I'll try to call the Dr and ask for another month. As I said before, the doc who prescribed Tane doesn't know much about it so I hope she will agree. I don't know if it will change something but at least I'll have the prescription. I, like you, get new small ones every 3-4 days. My skin is very dry now. And I had a huge nose bleed in the bus. I was so ashamed!!! At the end of my 5th month I'll be at 135 mg/kg. It is recommended to be between 120 and 150. If I want to reach 150, I would have to take 60 mg/day for 15 more days or 30 mg/day for a whole month. I will call and see. I'm just afraid to go off while I'm still breaking out, even if it is supposed to clear a couple of months after the course. And I don't mind going for another month if that could help.

Happy Anni!!

MemberMember
(@cshock1)

Posted : 03/18/2015 5:14 pm

Thanks Mary,

I'm not a patient person at all...I guess it will be a test for me. I always have something on my face smaller or bigger so I'm used to. It needs to work.

So no antybiotics then, what about steroids? My derm had no concerns about prescribing antibiotics or steroids when I expressed my feelings about the initial flare up. Not sure why. I don't want to die....well I do now when my face is a mess now, but not when I actually start the tane. Need to ask more questions when I see her again.

Kim I'm 100% sure I'll get the IB. That's just my life, and I know the state of my skin. All blackheads on my forehead and bumps under my cheeks will come up.

Thanks for all responses and advice.

Maggie

There is a specific type of antibiotic they CAN give you but I even got an IB. With antibiotics so I don't see the point! You may be different tho.

Kim congrats on the fourth month ani...I take my last pill of month four tonight.

I'll ask my derm what to do. Honestly if I could avoid the IB I would take anything!!! I just can't imagine getting new pimples every single day. I normally get 3-5 every month but painful and cystic ones that leave scars. That's the reason why I haven't started the tane yet, just can't imagine my skin getting worse.

Congrats to all of you on your anni. Stay strong please as you're giving me hope

Yeah it's not fun. I'm breaking out like crazy today. A new white head everytime I look in the mirror. I wish I only had 3 pimples every month. I get like 10 every day!!! But they're small and usually die down. But accutane gave me cysts that hurt so bad! I wish this breakout would go away. Day 11

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 03/18/2015 6:00 pm

Kim: I'll try to call the Dr and ask for another month. As I said before, the doc who prescribed Tane doesn't know much about it so I hope she will agree. I don't know if it will change something but at least I'll have the prescription. I, like you, get new small ones every 3-4 days. My skin is very dry now. And I had a huge nose bleed in the bus. I was so ashamed!!! At the end of my 5th month I'll be at 135 mg/kg. It is recommended to be between 120 and 150. If I want to reach 150, I would have to take 60 mg/day for 15 more days or 30 mg/day for a whole month. I will call and see. I'm just afraid to go off while I'm still breaking out, even if it is supposed to clear a couple of months after the course. And I don't mind going for another month if that could help.

Happy Anni!!

Hey Mary

I hear ya!

and i feel the same way about my mnth 7

I wasn't saying u needed it...but guess just make us feel better about finishing our course

Since at 6 mnth i would have met my cum dose I would even do a 7th mnth at 40

It will be warmer by then and sunnier..lower dose might be better anyway

As of today Ive consumed about 6000 mg of yummy nutritious tane

Soooo...mnth 5 and mnth 6 at 60mg..would be an additional 3600...equal 9600

If i add another mnth of 60mg it would equal 11,400

speaking of I got 2 new small red blips today

BOTH on the very outer corner of my eye/upper cheekbone..huh?

NUTTY

Crazy that my most acne prone areas havent had a spot in ages and i keep getting these odd spots on sryange places

GRRRRR

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 03/19/2015 10:05 am

Yp Derp..I need an update!
Tell me thing look good on your end!!!

MemberMember
(@derpface)

Posted : 03/19/2015 11:33 am

I'm terrified of writing anything positive because when I do bad @#@% happens. BUT, I can say I have no actives on my face right now..there was no magical aha moment where they all just disappeared because they all and I mean ALL left some nasty red marks all over my face..but I noticed over the last two weeks (right after my minor freak-out) that my face is smooth...outside of some skin colored comodones that decided to pop up (not too worried about those now).

I am definitely not going to be one of those people who posts my before and after pics and it's going to look like "wow!" because my face is still a complete mess mark-wise and it it really still looks like I have severe acne.

Definitely a positive turn though!

how's by you.

ps. I sweat if I get another zit in the next 24 hours I am DONE posting positive here.

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 03/19/2015 11:57 am

YEAHHHHHH

Ok Ok I know how u feel...

I remember weeks ago I said my skin was smooth and BAM

even recently if i say I havent gotten red blip sin a few days...they pop up

So Im just as afraid to ask as you are to answer..did that make sense?

I dont want to jinx you!
I look forward to the positive posts!

Im not bad 2 little new red marks on the outside corners of my eyes

so stupid almost comical

BUt things are OK

I have come a long way and am trying to focus on that ...
i guess I just feel like after enduring 4 mnths of tane I was expecting at this point to have clear poreless smooth even toned skin

I need to wrap my brain around that, thats not happening

and for now be happy with the progress

Good news!!!!!

MemberMember
(@excellentgame)

Posted : 03/19/2015 1:50 pm

I'm starting accutane next week, just doing my blood work tomorrow. :) let's see how this goes, I'm hopeful!

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 03/19/2015 2:32 pm

GOD DAMNNNNNNNN IT

See i open my mouth

got a nice little red bump on my jaw line....

This is NOTTTTTT funny anymore!

MemberMember
(@derpface)

Posted : 03/19/2015 3:26 pm

FRICK! Sorry Kim.....,

WHY DOES THIS DRUG PLAY WITH US SOO!

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 03/19/2015 3:45 pm

It really does

I wasnt expecting an instant miracle cure

But everything i researched and read indicated I might be clear mnth 3-4

So I waited

Now starting mnth 5 and I want to kick tanes ass

I also made the mistake of taking a long hot shower

I now resemble a beet

Kim

MemberMember
(@maryc)

Posted : 03/19/2015 8:40 pm

ExcellentGame: Good luck to you! Keep us updated! :)

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 03/20/2015 1:46 pm

I hate tane

I hate the snow

Its supposed to be SPRING

another red blip on my nostril

just in time for the weekend

yoohoooo

Please tell me im going to be that person after this course to say tane was the best decision I ever made and all that other fun stuff!

Hope everyone else is doing well!!

kim

MemberMember
(@derpface)

Posted : 03/20/2015 4:00 pm

DITTO on tane and winter.,

WE WILL BE THOSE PEOPLE!!

Excelentgame....GOOD LUCK!

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 03/20/2015 4:51 pm

Amen derp!

The snow is coming down..easy 5 inches

do liquor stores deliver?

jk i have 5 kids running around my house

*sigh*

kim

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 03/21/2015 12:54 pm

Sad again

new mark left side next to my mouth

I was completely clear on my left side a week ago

this has to be a joke!

Im actually thinking this wont work for me and i should just go off and go back to bp and retin-a

I see the derm on wed sure she is going to suggest im having issues because im not on a high enough dose

My skin is sensitive as it is and red...looks angry

cant imagine what more tane would be

kim

MemberMember
(@maryc)

Posted : 03/21/2015 10:22 pm

Kim: Wow, beautiful eyes!! :) I'm also sad today, and thinking that it's not working for me... I have a quite big new one on my left cheek, but in the middle of my cheek, a couple of inches away from my nose. I'm not used to getting pimples there... :(

MemberMember
(@derpface)

Posted : 03/21/2015 11:58 pm

O_O Sorry to hear Kim and Mary. I think we were all expecting to be in waay better places in April then we are. It's dissapointing but sooo many people have gone through this succesfully, I think the chances of having the three people it does not work for in the same forum is sliim to none. CHANCES are we just gotta wait it out!!

Gluck!

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 03/22/2015 6:49 am

Thanks mary

Got my eyebrows done and slapped on some makeup and thought focus on the positive ...trying... hopefully that area will expand!!

I feel your pain and im getting new small ones daily

Im most frustrated that certain parts of my face havent broken out in 2 mnths

well that is the area going bananas this week

One area heals ..nose finally better and another area starts

all small pesky red bumps

Good news about tane is that jaw line scary bump has been killed in 3 days and is flat

My skin so sensitive..red..slight burning

I never thought of it that way derp!!

Lol

Digging down deep for hope!!

How are things on your end..think u are the furthest along?

Kim

MemberMember
(@derpface)

Posted : 03/22/2015 8:13 am

been pretty positive...again, no AHA moment but my face is pretty smooth right now but extremely blotchy and crusty and I have some like..like layered, peeling pigmintation which is way gross. i woke up with what could be the begining of my first new zit in two weeks today but I'm not sure if it's going to develp; it's just a painful red flat circle for now.,.we'll see.

Gluck!

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 03/22/2015 8:15 am

I have to say except for this jaw thing which looked like it could get ugly that completely resolved in 3 days ..the ones i am getting though frequent are small and dont develop into anything ugly

Have a good day all!
gonna slap on some makeup and fake it until i make it :)

kim

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 03/23/2015 10:34 am

went for my b/w this am

derm appt wed..I dont even bother counting the days anymore..in my 5th mnth of this shit

3 new red blips this am..happy monday

(small but def there...dont even know what to think anymore)

:(

dwelling over my cleanser/moisturizer or is it just tane and my hands are tied

Kim

MemberMember
(@leobutter)

Posted : 03/23/2015 11:43 am

I'm on day 5, already had a pretty big breakout. Might be because I quit my tetracycline though. I feel a bit less oily, but the dryness hasn't kicked in yet. I'm on 60mg/day, 205 lbs male.

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 03/23/2015 12:50 pm

Welcome Leo and strap on tight ..its going to be some ride!!!

GOOD LUCK

any questions just lmk kim

MemberMember
(@maryc)

Posted : 03/23/2015 4:03 pm

Kim: You are not alone!

I have sent a request of prescription renewal to my Dr for an extra month, we will see!

This one in the middle of my left cheek is now an ugly white head... I try not to touch it but I think it will explode by itself tonight when I will wash my face. On a more positive thought, my skin feels smoother and the old pimples are getting flat. I think we still have to give it some time, even if we were expecting to be clear by now.

Leo: Good luck!! And remember the initial breakout is the worst. Accutane is full of surprises, good and bad ones, so don't expect anything. Just let things go. Keep us updated! :)

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 03/23/2015 4:49 pm

Hey Mary

Sorry about your cheek :(

hope the derm gives u that extra mnth for piece of mind

I have been reading about more and more people that dont STOP breaking out until after tane..that scares the crap out of me

I could handle another 1-2

BUT (though small bumps/redness) to get so many in the last couple days ( i think im around 8-9) really ticked me off!

kim