Clear all

Starting The Taaaane

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 11/20/2014 1:11 pm

I love my eggs..melted cheese on top..Ok hope I just didnt gross you out

sorry!

:)

So sorry about the insurance nightmare!!

I have been lucky I didnt have much of an issue except i had to wait 5 weeks for 2 + pg tests

If your a guy2 can u just wake in and get the script that day..lucky dogs if so!

LOL

When I ws leaving my last appt my Dr gave me a brochure with $10 a mnth copay coupon I had to bring to the pharmacy

It took a week for my pharmacy to get it..it was shoprite pharmacy in Northern Nj about 30min outside NYC..so i m not sure what the problem was

When I went to pcik it up they wanted to charge me around $70

I reminded the pharmacist about the coupon and in the end it was only $10

yahooo

GOOD LUCK

as if u dont have enough to deal with!

kim

hamdinger liked
MemberMember
(@dgraypdx)

Posted : 11/20/2014 2:17 pm

haha gross

but pretty much. I literally got my Derm to okay the treatment. went and got blood work the same day and waited two days for my blood work to be processed and then the next day I picked up my first month treatment. So it took maybe 3 days for the whole process to carry out.

your from NJ? were you hit by the big snowstorm over there?

MemberMember
(@hamdinger)

Posted : 11/20/2014 2:55 pm

Do you like sardines D? I guess most people think they're kinda gross, but they're full of healthy fat and protein. I started eating them for my skin and now I love those little fishies.

Kim that sounds gooood to me. I like kimchi, salsa, and of course cheese with my eggs.

Update on my situation: I found out about this thing with the generic zenatane where your derm sends the prescription directly to the manufacturer and they automatically give you a $50 discount. They were also really helpful and nice and told me if my derm prescribed one 20 mg pill and one 40 mg pill per day instead of 3X 20 mg per day I save almost $100. So now I'll be paying $46/month instead of $189. Victory! And they send it directly to your house overnight. AND they are giving me the first month free! It's almost too good to be true.

DgrayPDX liked
MemberMember
(@dgraypdx)

Posted : 11/20/2014 3:13 pm

humdinger that's excellent news.. I did the same with a 20 and a 40mg pill instead of three 20's...I feel like you deserve the first month for free after all these hoops you have been forced to jump through

I don't think I have ever tried a sardine. Maybe ill try them out..are they canned or do you buy them fresh from like the deli part of the grocery store?

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 11/20/2014 5:15 pm

Great news!

yahoooo

So u are starting at 60mg a day?

wowza...makes me 20mg seem like peanuts!
Not sure if this is good or not doing/starting low dose

I want this to work and I want to get the worst over with sooner than later, but im chicken!

sardines i have never had

big tuna and salmon fan

I guess for not ill stick with my eggs and peanuts..eggs can be made s many ways....

Im not really a big eater..meaning i dont like many things..stick to basics (primarily kid friendly food)

LOL

I live in Northern NJ....no snow yet

I think buffalo NY got hit..city has still been clear

temps have been chilly but its warming up

where is everyone from?

kim

MemberMember
(@dgraypdx)

Posted : 11/20/2014 5:34 pm

Haha im right with you on wanting to get the worst part over with..maybe we're get lucky and our intiitial breakout or whatever won't be to bad.

That's nice your safe from the snow...for now

I live in Portland, Oregon

MemberMember
(@derpface)

Posted : 11/20/2014 5:36 pm

Hamdinger...congrats on working it out.. best of luck...let us us know when your in on the fun!

Day two pill 3 COMING UP!!! and it is DOWN.. I'm from MD..no snow yet

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 11/20/2014 5:48 pm

Good Luck

#4 coming up soon!

Im only taking it once per day

at night/with dinner

anyone else having trouble sleeping

Im nervous of waking and the initial mirror check

like accutane is going to cause an eruption of epic proportion that is going to engulf my entire face

Ok a little dramatic but u get my point

Kim

MemberMember
(@derpface)

Posted : 11/20/2014 8:13 pm

No trouble sleeping cuz well my mindset is screw the next five months whatever happens happens...I'm kind of looking forward to feeling those sides though? you know what i mean? gimme some chap lips baby lemme know it's working! (i have zero doubt i will be singing a diffferent tune in a month from now)

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 11/20/2014 8:23 pm

Thats a great attitude..I know it will all be worth it...and 6 mnths or so will fly by!
Recently to keep breakouts at bay I had to slather BP 5% all over my face

Breakouts were greatly reduced but I looked like an old leather shoe

so stopping the BP on a dime and retin-a is scary!

silly question but no one is using actives as well right?

my derm actually said I could if my skin could tolerate it

that the only reason derms suggest u stop is because of dryness

afyer only taking 4 pills and getting dry/peeling which I have never been dry or peeled from anything in my life and getting red

i think that would be nutty

Since starting accutane and stopping actives Ive gotten what I call a little blip everyday

they are small, dont grow and see to start fading ....not bad

kim

MemberMember
(@dgraypdx)

Posted : 11/20/2014 8:54 pm

Yeah I agree with derp..you have to take the whole process as a whole..your gonna kill yourself taking everyday as a fight against you, the mirror, and reality. I almost feel like it's a war..your not gonna win every battle but at the end hopefully we have won the war.

I pretty much have tried to cutout out looking at anything that gives a reflection haha..just to kind of relax..

And no im not using anything on face..except a tiny bit of moisturizer

MemberMember
(@derpface)

Posted : 11/21/2014 10:14 am

DAY 2! damn...this is a slow process...

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 11/21/2014 12:32 pm

day #6

wooooooo-whoooooooooooooo

i spot treated a spot with bp last night

this am its red and hats me

this stuff is potent

kim

MemberMember
(@hamdinger)

Posted : 11/21/2014 1:21 pm

First dose down the hatch! Woopwoop and it's almost the weekend.

MemberMember
(@dgraypdx)

Posted : 11/21/2014 1:29 pm

#day 10...defiantly starting to dry out..lips for sure.and I feel a little less oily I think (maybe its all in in my head)

-still breaking out here and there but nothing terrible......yet..(fingers crossed)

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 11/21/2014 1:52 pm

Still shiny..or should I say Im still glowing :)

lips not dry at all

another poster rec this Dr Dan lip balm...use it every hour or more..LOL.saved her lips while on accutane

I called my pharmacy they have to order it..was $4.00

give it a try!

make sure u get this one/medicated

http://www.drdanslipbalm.com/products/dr-dans-cortibalm

Could be in my head but i feel sleeeepy

Zzzzzzzz

very un-motivated

Kim

MemberMember
(@dgraypdx)

Posted : 11/21/2014 2:03 pm

thanks..ive been using Aquaphor Advanded therapy by Eucerin...seems to be working,,okayyy.not great.id like to experiment with a little more before I settle on a good product so ill defiantly check that out

its interesting this mind body connection thing. I took a psych class that described this "noceebo" phenomenon, its kinda like the opposite of placebo..where if you tell someone that they might get some kind of side effect there more likely to experience it than if you never told them anything about side effects.

and these side effects from accutane are drilled down our throats, I wonder if the side effects would be less severe if they just never told us about them (except the birth defects thing, that's probably important)

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 11/21/2014 2:08 pm

Its crazy moisturizing

If I put some on at night and wake up in the middle of the night my lips are still moist ..they stay moist all day!

def worth a shot and affordable

Im going to oder another so i can have one in the house and in my bag/car

I totally agree..mind is a powerful thing

trying not to put to much stock into the side effects Ive red about

The only one my Dr did tell me about was being tired...funny...thats what I think Im experiencing

Mmmmmm

she told me patients at my age (what?) feel like they do when they are og..sluggish..dragging

I think Im going to go run around the block

cathc ya later

Kim

MemberMember
(@derpface)

Posted : 11/21/2014 3:15 pm

Hamdinger...congrats! now we're all in it!!

hamdinger liked
MemberMember
(@derpface)

Posted : 11/22/2014 8:09 pm

DAY 3 done....face doesn't feel too dry but I DO have some peeling. However, I am not sure if this is because of the freezing weather we've been having the last 2 days and I have been outside A LOT!. other then that...got some new nasty kind of zits that I don't think i've ever gotten before. They are buldging whiteheads...I've always gotten red inflamed zits not big whiteheads like this...Like I can literally just touch them and the pus will come right out. Sorry for the details but wondering if any y'all getting s/t similiar??

MemberMember
(@dgraypdx)

Posted : 11/22/2014 8:44 pm

I'm going through the exact same thing right now..bigger breakouts than im use to and they are super tender...a lot more than usual

MemberMember
(@derpface)

Posted : 11/22/2014 9:23 pm

This may sound weird but glad to hear....looks like our tane is gettin into our system...bust of luck mate...we got this,.

MemberMember
(@dgraypdx)

Posted : 11/23/2014 7:14 am

Haha I know what you mean..I want to feel a little joint pain so then I know at least my body is absorbing the drug

You too man! Keep your head up.it will be over before we know it

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 11/23/2014 8:19 pm

day#6

I have 3 red painful inflamed , small red bumps on my chin (small for now..fingers crossed) and 1 on my lip..yup..my lip..actually a whitehead

I have been slathering my lips with Dr Dan..so not sure if that is an issue or just accutane for ya

my lips on the + side arent dry chapped or cracked at all :)

It seems EVERY day since ive taken accutane by late afternoon and early evening

I have a new small spot

it usually goes away over night

this time I had 1 at bedtime and 2 new ones when I woke

Im spotting with bp...hoping for the best

Last night I washed and just went to bed. no moisturizer

my skin isnt even peeling this am

still on 20mg

Feeling sluggish still..thats about it

Kim

MemberMember
(@dgraypdx)

Posted : 11/23/2014 10:20 pm

#day 13

Skin still breaking out maybe one or two small to medium sized a day..The big inflamed ones I got at the end of week 1 are healing nicely

Lips starting to get dry and chapped..using aquaphor every two hours or so

-I have been running almost everyday and have felt no joint pain which is nice..**knock on wood**

Are you guys watching your diet during treatment? Like with junk food? I have a bit of a sweet tooth so it's hard to stay away haha